Monday, September 2, 2019

Manicure Monday: Zoya in Dream

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I've used this particular color from Zoya many times, but I never did a review.
Here are two polishes I purchased long and I mean long time ago. I already reviewed Zoya in Storm (on the right). For this post, I will review the polish from the left.
This is Zoya in Dream. Since I did a thorough review of Zoya in Aurora, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "a full-coverage, deep space blue with holographic glitter" and I have to agree most part. I agree with it being space blue but I don't know if it is deep.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, it's thinner and shorter. I would consider the width on the thin side and length on the short side. The tip is also cut straight.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Madam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of Zoya in Dream, and then topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush isn't my type. I tend to like wider brushes to do three quick strokes and move onto the next nail. I actually didn't mind with this particular brush. I think it had to do with the consistency. It just flowed while applying. It's not the quickest but it was doable. With that said, I kind of found it hard to paint around the cuticles. If you are a better painter than I am, it shouldn't be a problem. I just cleaned the mess after painting. Secondly, I like the packaging. I have never disliked any packaging when it comes to nail polishes. I think they all are unique and nice. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Third, the consistency is creamy and in-between thin to medium. It's smooth and you cannot feel the glitters. It's within the polish instead of being on top. I hope I made sense. You do not have to dig inside the packaging to get the glitters. It comes out evenly on the nails. Not only that, you cannot feel the glitters. It's finely milled. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is nice. The funny thing is I liked the color for the last several years I used this. I haven't used it all on my nails at one time until now. I used it as for nail art either as an accent color or on top. Now that it's all on my nails, I feel like the color is old fashioned. Either my style has changed or I'm not used to it being on all my nails. With that said, this will make a great fall and winter color. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I would say it's pretty decent. Two coats were good enough on my skin tone. Lastly, I've been kind of bad at looking at my nails. I think I saw shrinkage on the third day. I did see chipping on the sides of the tip on the fifth day. I'm glad I finally got to review this polish. It's been sitting on my desk for awhile and I haven't had the change to review it.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Zoya products reviewed/swatch:
Accessories
Remove+ Nail Polish Remover

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...