Monday, October 14, 2019

Manicure Monday: Zoya in Kinsley

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I took part in Zoya fall collection (The Sensual Collection) sale.

I decided to purchase nine of them plus one from their regular collection. I already reviewed Zoya in Margaret (second from left). For this post, I will review the fifth polish from the left.
This is Zoya in Kinsley. Since I did a thorough review of Zoya in Aurora, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "a blush toned caramel cream." I definitely agree it's on the cream side. I don't see it as a blush toned caramel.
The polish came with Zoya Z-Wide Brush. It was part of the promotional sale.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, the width is the same. The length, on the other hand, is slightly shorter.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Madam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of Zoya in Kinsely, and then topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I'm loving their new Z-Wide Brush. It's wide enough to do three strokes and move onto the next nail. Not only that, the curve tip makes it easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and clean. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs everywhere. It's a great consistency. You can take time with painting and not worry about clumping. With that said, it's easy to use. It glides on, and there are no bubbles and streaking. Fourth, the color is a pretty brownish-tan color. It's a great fall and winter color. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone. It will look great on light to medium skin tone. For darker skin, it would just blend in with the skin. Since I have some redness on my hand, it shows more with this particular color. Even though it shows the redness on my skin, I still like the color. Lastly, there is slight shrinkage but it's not noticeable at all. I wouldn't even call it shrinkage. I noticed around fourth day. After that, I did not see any more shrinkage. I did see chipping on the sides of the tip around fifth day. The chips were small but if you examine it closely, you will notice it. I'm glad I got to try this color. Even though it brings the redness in my skin, I love the color. It really is pretty and great for work as well!

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Zoya products reviewed/swatch:
Accessories
Remove+ Nail Polish Remover

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...