Monday, December 9, 2019

Manicure Monday: Zoya in Vesper

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I took part in Zoya fall collection (The Sensual Collection) sale.

I decided to purchase nine of them plus one from their regular collection. I already reviewed Zoya in Margaret (second from left), Zoya in Kinsley (fifth from the left), Zoya in Michaela (ninth from the left), Zoya in Briar (third from the left), and Zoya in Joss (fourth from the left). For this post, I will review the eight from the left.
This is Zoya in Vesper. Since I did a thorough review of Zoya in Aurora, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "a deep, antique grey-violet cream" and I don't know if I agree. I can see violet but I don't see grey.
The polish came with Zoya Z-Wide Brush. It was part of the promotional sale.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, the width is the same. The length, on the other hand, is slightly shorter.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalMadam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of Zoya in Vesper, and then topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I love the Z-Wide Brush. I don't know why it's called Z. I find that interesting. The reason why I like the brush is the wide width. It's wide enough to do three strokes and move onto the next nail. Not only that, the curve tip makes it easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and clean. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it gets clumpy while painting. It's also not too thin that it runs everywhere while painting. It's a good consistency and you can take your time with painting. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is perfect for fall and winter season. It's a pretty navy-purple color. With that said, I don't think the color is unique. I think you can find similar colors in other brands. Even though the color isn't unique, I still like the color. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented but two layers were good enough on my skin tone. Lastly, I saw chipping on the sides of the tips on the fourth day. Other than that, I didn't see shrinkage. I'm glad I got this color. It's pretty!

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Zoya products reviewed/swatch:
Accessories
Remove+ Nail Polish Remover

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...