Monday, August 11, 2014

Manicure Monday: Zoya in Maya

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I haven't done Manicure Monday in a long time! It's good to be back, as well as, be able to wear nail polishes. Couple of months ago when I visited a store, I saw this Zoya nail polish and fell in love!
This is Zoya in Maya. Since I did a thorough review in Zoya in Aurora, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "semi-opaque bright pink coral with tangerine undertones. A bright tropical coral for a translucent jelly-like finish on your manicure or pedicure." It's true to color.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, this is on the thinner side.
I applied Orly Calcium Shield Basecoat, 2 coats of Zoya in Maya, and then topped it off with Butter London Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the consistency of the polish is on the medium side. Even though it's on the medium consistency, like most jelly-like polishes the polish is sheer. I would say if I did 3 coats the color would had been much better but I kept it at 2 coats. It goes on smoothly, and there's no streaking and bubbles. Secondly, I found it easy to paint even though the brush is on the thin side. I tend to like thicker brushes because they're easier to paint around the cuticles, but I did not have that problem with this polish. Lastly, the polish only lasted 3 days before I noticed some chipping at the tip. It was minor chips but it was noticeable to my naked eyes.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Zoya products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

6 comments:

LauraLeia said...

This is a very pretty jelly polish! :D I've never tried Zoya polishes before but I'd love to try them out some day, especially the matte glitter (pixie dust?) ones. :D

Sachi said...

LOVES this color! I'm a sucker for jellies so I may need to snag this next time zoya has a free shipping sale. I usually have pretty good luck with them, they are the one brand I don't mind a skinny brush as their formula is wonderful.

Ahleessa said...

I like Zoya too and this is a great one! I tend to be picky with colors but I fell in love with this one.

Ahleessa said...

I hope you get a chance to try Zoya polishes especially Pixie Dust. I think you will love them and it'll look great on you!

Beatriz Garcia said...

Uuuu this is a nice color!!!!! I had a short lived polish experience with Zoya. LOL the colors are AMAZING! Maybe trying a different top coat?

Ahleessa said...

I agree this color is gorgeous! It's one of the colors I reach for. Why a short lived polish experience with Zoya?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...