Monday, October 7, 2019

Manicure Monday: Zoya in Margaret (The Sensual Collection, Fall 2019)

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Couple of weeks ago, Zoya had a sale on their fall collection (The Sensual Collection).

I decided to purchase nine of them plus one from their regular collection. For this post, I will review the second polish from the left.
This is Zoya in Margaret. Since I did a thorough review of Zoya in Aurora, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "a well-balanced vivid auburn red cream." I definitely agree it's on the red side.
The polish came with Zoya Z-Wide Brush. It was part of the promotional sale.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, the width is the same. The length, on the other hand, is slightly shorter.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Madam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of Zoya in Margaret, and then topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I'm loving their new Z-Wide Brush. It's wide enough to do three strokes and move onto the next nail. The one thing I noticed is that the brush comes rough when you take it out of the package. The first dip into the polish slightly softens it. You need to dip it couple of times and it'll soften the brush. Other than that, I love this brush. I also love the curve at the tip. It makes it easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I like the packaging. I have never disliked any packaging when it comes to nail polishes. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it gets clumpy while painting. It's also not too thin that it runs everywhere. It's a good consistency. You can take your time with painting. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no bubbles and streaking. Fourth, the color is a warm colored red. It will be great for fall and winter. Pigmentation-wise it's definitely pigmented. It's bright on my hands. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone. Since I have some red in my skin, it brings out the redness but I still like the color on my hands. It will be great on all skin tones. Lastly, I saw slight shrinkage on the third day. After that I did not see any more shrinkage. I do see chipping on the sides of the tips on the fifth day. I only see it on two fingers and that's about it. I'm glad I got to try this product. It's a nice color and this is coming from someone who doesn't wear red that often.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Zoya products reviewed/swatch:
Accessories
Remove+ Nail Polish Remover

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...