Friday, May 24, 2019

Dose of Colors Liquid Matte Lipstick in Bow-Tiful, Minnie Mouse Collection 2019

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In April 2019, I wanted to take advantage of ULTA 15% off discount.

Here are the products I got. For this post, I will review the lip product from Dose of Colors on the bottom right.
This is Dose of Colors Liquid Matte Lipstick in Bow-Tiful. Since I did a thorough review of Dose of Colors Liquid Matte Lipstick in Brick, Sand, and Stone, I will base this on that.

Ingredients:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Synthetic Beeswax, Synthetic Wax,Trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Flavor (Aroma), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene Carbonate, Balanites Aegyptiaca Kernel Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Yeast Ferment Extract, Tocopherol. May Contain/Peut Contenir (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).
Here's a closer look at the packaging.
Here's a closer look at the applicator.
Here's a swatch of the liquid lipstick on my hand.
Here are the liquid lipsticks I own from Dose of Colors from left to right: Sand, Bow-Tiful, Truffle, Stone, Play It Cool, Old Flame, and Brick.
Here's how the color looks on me. The website describes it as "rose beige." I don't know if I agree. I definitely think it's beige but don't see the rose.
Here's an overall look with Urban Decay Naked Reloaded Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. It's on the sweet side. I cannot distinguish the smell. I just sniffed the product and it smells like vanilla. Secondly, the packaging is so cute! To be honest, it's probably the main reason I wanted this particular product. I also like the brand. Not only that, the box is cute as well. It matches the packaging of the liquid lipstick. Even though I like the packaging of the box, I doubt I will keep it. If you are into saving boxes, this is a good one. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. Unfortunately, it's not see through. If you own more than one, it'll be hard to distinguish them apart unless you read the name of the color on the bottom. For me personally, I doubt I will buy more unless they come out with more colors in the future. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It has a typical doe foot applicator for Dose of Colors. It's slanted on one side of the tip. It curves from the tip and widens as it goes down. I use the tip to outline and the flat curve area to fill in the remaining. It's also small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Third, the consistency is liquidity with slight creaminess. I wouldn't say it's the most liquidity liquid lipstick I have ever used but it's definitely not creamy. With that said, it goes on smoothly and does not tug on the lips. It's really easy to use. It looks creamy and than it dries to matte. It takes several minutes to dry. Once it's dried, it's transfer-proof. Since it adheres to the lips, you need to exfoliate before using. It will show all the fine and thick lines, as well as, the imperfections. Depending on the brand, some are worst than others. Thankfully, it only shows the fine lines. It's light-weight, not sticky, and doesn't feel like you are wearing anything. Fourth, the color is pretty. It's a natural nude color that you can wear everyday of the year. It will never go out of style. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented but one layer was good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, most lip products don't last that long on me. If you don't wipe your mouth, it should last longer. It's comfortable and not drying at all, I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I got this product. The packaging is to dye for!

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Dose of Colors products reviewed/swatch:
Block Party Eyeshadow
Lock & Key
Desi x Katy The Girls Eyeshadow Palette
Liquid Matte Lipstick

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...