Friday, May 17, 2019

Kylie Cosmetics Velvet Liquid Lipstick in Basic

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Last month, April 2019, I took advantage of the 15% off sale at ULTA.

Here's my purchase. For this post, I will review the lip product from Kylie Cosmetics.
Product Review: Kylie Cosmetics Velvet Liquid Lipstick in Basic

Where to purchase: ULTA and online at kyliecosmetics.com
Price: $16 for 0.11 oz/ 3 g

Description from the website: The Velvet Liquid Lipstick has high intensity pigment for a full coverage lip. This long wearing, ultra pigmented liquid lipstick contains moisturizing ingredients that glide on for a creamy matte look that does not dry down.
Ingredients:
Isododecane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, C10-18 Triglycerides, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyethylene, Silica Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Pentylene Glycol, Flavor, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopheryl Acetate. May Contain: Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 (CI 45410), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985).
Thoughts: When my nearest ULTA started carrying Kylie Cosmetics, I decided to check out the products. The salesperson kept talking about the Velvet Liquid Lipsticks and that's her favorite from the brand. I got intrigued and decided to wait for a sale.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "midtone taupe" and I have to agree.
Here's a closer look at the applicator.
Here's a closer look at the swatch on my hand.
Here's how it looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Urban Decay Naked Reloaded Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. It's slight fruity and slightly floral. I cannot distinguish the smell other than it smells sweet. I actually like it. I just sniffed the product and it reminds me of sweet medication like cherry. Secondly, I like the packaging. It fits with their brand. From my experience, all the lip products have that black design on the packaging. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. The applicator fits with the typical liquid lipsticks. It's slanted on one side of the tip. I use the tip to outline and the flat, slanted to fill in the remaining. Also it's small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Third, the consistency is liquid but slightly creamier. It's not the most liquidity liquid lipstick I have tried but it's definitely not creamy. I would say in-between liquidity and creamy. With that said, it goes on smoothly and does not tug on the lips whatsoever. It's extremely easy to use. After I apply it, I let it dry a bit. Once it dries, it looks matte. If you are looking for transfer-proof lip product, this isn't it. It's just a lipstick that looks matte on the lips. It's light weight, not greasy, not sticky, and doesn't feel like you are wearing anything. Fourth, the color is a pretty taupe. It's my type of color, and I can see myself wear this during the fall and winter season. It's also great for everyday, as well as, for work. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I wouldn't say the most pigmented but one layer was good enough on my skin tone. Lastly, it lasts until I eat. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, most lip products don't last long on me. If you don't wipe your mouth while eating, it should last longer. With that said, it's extremely comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I got to try this product. I love the color, texture, and the feel. It's something I would wear outside of work. When it comes to work lip products, I prefer transfer-proof products. I don't like seeing lip marks on my canister. I feel like it takes effort to remove and for this reason, I prefer lip products that don't stain my canister.

Pros:
* Slight, sweet fruity/floral scent.
* Typical Kylie Cosmetics design.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Slanted on one side of the doe foot applicator; tip to outline and slanted part to fill in the remaining.
* Liquidity with slight creamy consistency.
* Goes on smoothly.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Easy to use.
* Matte.
* Light-weight.
* Not greasy.
* Not sticky.
* Doesn't feel like you are wearing any lip product.
* Pretty taupe color.
* Great for fall and winter season.
* Great for everyday and work.
* Pigmented.
* Comfortable.
* Not drying at all.
* Lasted until I ate.

Cons:
* Not transfer-proof.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Kylie Cosmetics products reviewed/swatch:
Matte Lip Kit

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...