Friday, May 31, 2019

Huda Beauty Power Bullet Matte Lipstick in Interview

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In May 2019, I took advantage of the Sephora sale.

Here are the products I purchased. For this post, I will review the lipstick from Huda Beauty on the bottom left.
Product Review: Huda Beauty Power Bullet Matte Lipstick in Interview

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at shophudabeauty.com
Price: $25 for 3 g/ 0.1 oz

Made in Italy

Description from the website: Huda Beauty's highly pigmented matte lipstick with unparalleled colour payoff, for unexpected comfort.
Ingredients:
Dimethicone, Octyldodecanol, Polyethylene, Polysilicone-11, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bis-Peg-12 Dimethicone Beeswax, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propylene Carbonate, Aroma (Flavor), Laureth-12, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Mica, Tin Oxide, [+/- Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 15850 (Red 6), Ci 15850 (Red 7 Lake), Ci 45410 (Red 28 Lake), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake)].
Thoughts: When I first heard about this product, I wanted it for the packaging. I know that sounds bad but look how gorgeous the packaging is! Not only that, the packaging of the lipstick itself is hot.
Here's a closer look at the packaging.
Here's a closer look at the lipstick itself. I also pulled it all the way up so you can see the quantity of the product.
Here's a swatch of the lipstick on my hand. On the website, it's described as "a confident peachy nude (warm toned)." I don't know if I completely agree but it's a gorgeous color.
Here's how the lipstick looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Urban Decay Naked Reloaded Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and I did not smell anything whatsoever. Secondly, I love the packaging. I don't know why but the transition of color from top to bottom draws me in. It's such a simple idea but just plain gorgeous! With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It looks metallic but it's a thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. There's a magnetic pull inside. It's fun to play with. You can feel a tight seal, as well as, it makes a clicking noise when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Third, the consistency smooth and creamy. It glides on the lips but it does tug slightly. It's not to a point you feel pressure, but you can see the lips move. It's mostly because of the matte texture. If you are looking for cream to shiny lipstick, this isn't for you. It reminds me of MAC Powder Kiss Lipstick in Mull It Over. Not the texture but more the powdery look on the lips. With that said, it's easy to use. The shape of the lipstick is unique. It has the usual slanted tip that comes with most lipsticks. I used the sharp tip to outline the lips then I use the flat area to fill in the remaining. What makes it unique is the curve around the lipstick. This isn't curved. It has three sides. For some reason, it's easier to fill in the remaining without going over the outline of your lips. After applying, it feels smooth and soft on the lips. It's light-weight, not greasy, not sticky, and it doesn't feel like you are wearing anything at all. Fourth, the color is pretty. When I went to Sephora to check out the colors, it had every tester possible except this particular color. I decided to go out of the whim and purchase this color. I'm so glad I did. I love the color! It's my lip but better. For this reason, you can wear it everyday of the year. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. It's not the most pigmented but it is doable. One layer was good enough to show my skin tone. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, most lip colors don't last that long on me. If you don't wipe your mouth, it might last longer. With that said, it's comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I got this lipstick! I can see myself wear this often.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Simple, transition of color from top to bottom packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal and makes a clicking noise when you open and close.
* Magnet pull inside of the packaging.
* Travel-friendly.
* Smooth and creamy consistency.
* Glides on the lips.
* Matte.
* Powdery look to the lips.
* Easy to use.
* Unique shape; easy to not go over the outline of the lips.
* Smooth.
* Soft on the lips.
* Light-weight.
* Not greasy.
* Not sticky.
* Doesn't feel like you are wearing anything.
* Pretty my lip but better color.
* Great for everyday of the year.
* Pigmented.
* Comfortable.
* No drying.
* Lasted until I ate.

Cons:
* Slightly tug on the lips.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Huda Beauty products reviewed/swatch:
Demi Matte Cream Lipstick
SheEO
Liquid Matte Lipstick
Trendsetter
Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette
Smokey

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...