Monday, March 20, 2023

Manicure Monday: Essie in Word On The Street

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Last month, February 2023, I saw few new colors from Essie at CVS.
Here are the colors I got. For this post, I will review the color on the right.
This is Essie in Word On The Street. Since I did a thorough review of Essie Expressie in Desk Mani, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "bright sky blue" and I have to agree with bright blue. Not too sure about sky blue. I imagine sky blue being lighter.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, the width is wider and the length is shorter.
I applied Essie Strong Start Base Coat, two coats of Essie in Word On The Street, and topped all the nails with Orly In A Snap Quick-Dry Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is wide enough to do three strokes and move onto the next nail. Not only that, the curve tip makes it easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. This is my type of brush. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It's simple and clean looking. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency and you can take your time with painting. It will not get clumpy with usage. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is a bright blue. It's great for spring and summer season. Do I think the color is unique? No, I think I have seen it in other brands. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I did not see shrinkage whatsoever. I did see chipping on the tips on the second day. It wasn't a small type of chipping. It was big and it got bigger with days. To be honest, I was shocked. The reason why I like this specific line is how long it lasts. I am not too sure if this is a new color and the quality is different or I got a bad batch. From the website, it seems like it's not a new color and it lasted a long time from the reviews. I am not too sure what happened here. I am glad I got this color. I am not completely happy with this polish but I am not completely sad. I want to try the other colors and see what happens. I just need to experiment and make a decision later what I think.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...