Monday, December 26, 2022

Manicure Monday: Essie in Up Up & Away Message

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I bought this Essie polish in November 2022 from CVS.
This is Essie in Up Up & Away Message. Since I did a thorough review of Essie Expressie in Desk Mani, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as a "teal quick dry nail polish with yellow undertones." It's definitely teal but I don't know if I see yellow undertones.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, the width is wider and the length is shorter.
I applied Essie Strong Start Base Coat, two coats of Essie in Up Up & Away Message, and topped all the nails with Orly In A Snap Quick-Dry Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is wide enough to do three strokes and move onto the next nail. Not only that, the curve tip helps paint around the cuticles and sides. This brush is great for beginners and people who can't paint that well like myself. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and clean looking. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of glass. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency and you can take your time with painting. It does not get clumpy with usage. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, it's a pretty teal color. It's great for spring, summer, and fall season. Would I say the color is unique? No, you can find this color in every brand. It's a darker tiffany color. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I saw no shrinkage and chipping on the tips whatsoever. It looks like how I applied and I am on my fifth day. I am glad I got this polish. I am a huge fan of this line from Essie. With that said, I am not too sure if I am too keen on the color. I own so many of these color from other brands. It just doesn't feel unique. I was hoping for something different!

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...