Monday, March 27, 2023

Manicure Monday: Chanel in Pastel Sand

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

A friend gifted me Chanel products for Valentine's Day.
Here are the products I got. I already reviewed Chanel in Camelia (first on the left). For this post, I will review the nail polish second from the left.
I received two nail polishes. I already reviewed Chanel in Camelia (left). For this post, I will review the one on the right.
This is Chanel in Pastel Sand. Since I did a thorough review of Chanel in Distraction, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the ingredients: Click on the link to see the original size.
Here's a closer look at the packaging. It comes with two tops.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, the width is on the thin side but the length is the same.
I applied Essie Strong Start Base Coat, two coats of Chanel in Pastel Sand, and topped all the nails with Orly In A Snap Quick-Dry Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is on the thin side. It's not my type of brush but it is doable. I just didn't clean the brush in the inside before using. I was able to do three strokes since the brush carried a lot of polish. Even though the tip didn't have a curve design, it was okay around the cuticles and sides. If you are a better painter than me, you should be fine. I am just not that great in painting my nails. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's very classic. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of glass. The top is also sturdy. It comes with two and I am not too sure why. The one with the brush you can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and slight thicker than medium. I would still say medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency and you can take your time with painting. It will not get clumpy with usage. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are not streaking and bubbles. Fourth, it's a very pretty peachy orange. It's great for spring and summer season. Would I say the color is unique? Yes, I don't think I have seen this color in other brands. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I did not see shrinkage whatsoever. I did see chipping on the sides of the tips on the fifth day. I am glad I got this polish. From the website, it's an exclusive color. I am excited I own one!

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Chanel products reviewed/swatch:
Nail Polishes

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...