Friday, December 30, 2022

Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate Highlighting Duo in MoonLight

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I was fortunate to receive a product from Tom Ford thanks to Influenster.

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at tomford.com
Price: $90 for 0.42 oz/12 g

Made in Italy

Description from the website: Shade and Illuminate Highlighting Duo sculpts and defines feature with two versatile, customizable hues - each delivering one-stroke luminosity. Infused with Vitamin E, this new, sensorial formula offers the payoff of a liquid highlighter with fine, iridescent pearls that scatter light to optically lift and define your facial architecture use the lighter shade to highlight and the darker shade to bronze - or combine both for a sheer glow.
Ingredients:
ISODECYL ISONONANOATE [] BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2 [] PHENYL TRIMETHICONE [] POLYBUTENE [] HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER [] POLYETHYLENE [] PHYTOSTERYL/ISOSTEARYL/CETYL/STEARYL/BEHENYL DIMER DILINOLEATE [] NYLON-12 [] SILICA [] ISOSTEARYL PALMITATE [] MORINGA OLEIFERA SEED OIL [] ZINGIBER OFFICINALE (GINGER) ROOT EXTRACT [] PASSIFLORA EDULIS SEED OIL [] TOCOPHERYL ACETATE [] POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIISOSTEARATE [] ISOCETYL ALCOHOL []  [+/- MICA [] TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) [] COPPER POWDER (CI 77400) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77499) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77491) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77492) [] CARMINE (CI 75470) [] YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140) [] BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090) [] ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007) [] BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163)] <ILN98995>
Thoughts: When I received this product, I was excited. I never own a highlighter from Tom Ford. Not only that, it is compacted and the print on the top layer is gorgeous.
Here's a closer look at the compact. It comes with a velvet pouch.
Here's a closer look inside the compact. It comes with a mirror.
Here's a closer look at one of the highlighter. It is the bottom one.
Here's a swatch of the highlighters on my hand. On the left is the top one and the right is the bottom.
Here's a closer look at the velvet pouch.
Here's how the highlighters look on me. I applied it on the tops of the cheeks in this picture.
Here's another angle of how the highlighters look on me. I applied it on the tops of the cheeks, below the eyebrows, nose bridge, and the tip of the nose.
Here's the front angle and how the highlighter looks on me. I have Makeup By Mario Ethereal Eyes Eyeshadow Palette on the eyes and MAC Powder Kiss Velvet Blur Slim Stick in Over The Taupe on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while using. I just sniffed the product and I smell something light. It's kind of citrus-y. I wasn't expecting that but I actually like the smell. Secondly, the packaging is simple and professional looking. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It feels like it is made out of metal. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a magnetic closure. It makes a clicking noise, as well as, I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. The outside packaging is very shiny. You can see all the fingerprints on the package. I don't have any scratches but if there was one, I am sure I can see it. It also comes with a velvet pouch. I'm not a huge fan of it. It's extra space but the pouch helps clean the fingerprints on the packaging. I rather have a packaging that I do not need to worry about the fingerprints rather than clean it. That's just me. It's also easy to hold with one hand and it comes with a mirror. Third, the consistency is compacted. When I apply my fingers on the highlighters, I don't feel like I am touching makeup. It feels like a brick but smoother. For this reason mentally, I don't feel like I am grabbing makeup. Since it's so compacted, there are no loose powders anywhere. With that said, it's easy to use. I used a brush. I would swipe and apply all over the face; tops of cheeks, under the eyebrow, nose bridge, tip of the nose, and so on. It is up to you where you want to apply. I would also mix the combination of the highlighters. It leaves a nice, smooth, shiny texture. It doesn't overexaggerate my pores which a huge plus. I rather hide my pores than show it. It also very natural on the skin. It doesn't look like a lightbulb on the face. It's light-weight, not greasy, not sticky, and extremely comfortable. Fourth, the top is more a silverish-nude and the bottom is more pinkish-gold nude. They are great all year round. Pigmentation-wise it is alright. I just used a brush and I noticed I had to layer multiple times. Now that I compared it with my fingers, I think using fingers might be a better way. It grabs the color better. I just tested it out and it's a lot more pigmented with the fingers. I applied it on my face and it still does not show the pores. Not only that, one layer was good enough for the face. Lastly, it lasted all day on me. I saw no fading, no smudging, and it looked like I just applied it. Again, I do have dry skin and most products last long on me. It also did not exaggerate the pores at the end of the day. I am glad I got this product. It's a gorgeous highlighting palette but for my skin tone, NudeLight might had been better but I am happy with what I still have.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while using.
* Simple and professional looking packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal and makes a clicking noise when you open and close.
* Magnetic closure.
* Travel-friendly.
* Velvet pouch, cleans the fingerprints.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Comes with a mirror.
* Compacted consistency.
* No loose powders anywhere.
* Easy to use.
* Can mix the combination of highlighters.
* Leaves a nice, smooth, shiny texture.
* Doesn't overexaggerate the pores.
* Looks natural on the skin.
* Doesn't look like a lightbulb on the face.
* Light-weight.
* Not greasy.
* Not sticky.
* Extremely comfortable.
* Great all year round.
* Pigmented with the fingers.
* Better to use with fingers than a brush.
* No fading.
* No smudging,
* Lasted all day on me.

Cons:
* Costly.
* Shiny packaging that you can see all the fingerprints.
* Velvet pouch; extra space.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Tom Ford products reviewed/swatch:
Perfume

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...