Friday, September 14, 2018

derma e Advanced Peptides & Collagen Serum

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive some products from derma e.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed derma e Advanced Peptides & Collagen Moisturizer (left). For this post, I will review the serum on the right.
Product Review: derma e Advanced Peptides & Collagen Serum

Where to purchase: Target, ULTA, CVS, Whole Foods, Sprouts, and online at dermae.com
Price: $36.50 for 2 fl oz/ 60 mL

Made in USA

Description from the package: Take a stand against wrinkles. This nourishing, double-action powerhouse serum is formulated with multi-peptides, Matrixyl synthe'6 and Argireline, to help reduce the appearance of deep lines and wrinkles while plant extract Pyenogenol, a powerful antioxidant, may help support healthy collagen.

Powerful anti-aging peptides with benefits:
* Matrixyl synthe'6: May help support collagen for healthy-looking tone and texture.
* Argireline: Helps to smooth the appearance of fine lines, leaving skin feeling soft.

Enriched with anti-aging antioxidants Vitamin C and Green Tea, this intense wrinkle-fighting, peptide-infused formula promotes a more youthful-looking complexion.
Ingredients:
Purified Water, Glycerin (Vegetable Derived), Organic Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract*, Propanediol (Vegetable Derived), Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38 (Matrixyl synthe'6®), Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 (Argireline®NP), Microcrystalline Cellulose (Plant Derived), Cellulose Gum (Plant Derived), Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Pinus Pinaster (Pycnogenol®) Bark Extract, Acacia Seyal Gum Extract (Plant Derived Collagen), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C Ester), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Allantoin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Plant Derived), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Leucine, Tyrosine, Alanine, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Natural Fragrance Oils. *Certified Organic Ingredients Due to the use of natural ingredients, the color of this product may slightly alter over time.
Thoughts: I've only tried one other serum from derma e. It was a good serum and for this reason, I am excited to try this one out.
Here's a closer look at the pump.
Here's a swatch of the serum on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there is a slight scent while applying. Since I've been using it for some time now, I got used to the scent. Plus, I liked the scent from the beginning. It wasn't overbearing. I just sniffed the product and it's on the floral side. Secondly, I like the packaging. The design is simple and it stands out. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. I remember the last serum I used from derma e the bottom kept coming off when I held the top. I didn't have to worry about that with this product. It's also possible I had a bad batch the last time. The top also makes a clicking nose, as well as, I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. Not only that, the pump is nice. I have full control of the quantity I pump. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. I also like that the label doesn't surround the whole bottle. There's a slight peak through the bottle to see inside. It gives me an idea how much product I have left. Third, the consistency is medium. It's not too thin that it runs everywhere. It's also not too thick that it's hard to spread. It's a good consistency. It's easy to work with. I pump one and half for my entire face. I pat until the serum absorbs into my skin. It doesn't absorb immediately. It does take some effort but not by much. It's usually absorbed within a minute. I was impressed, because I have dry skin and my skin sucks up most products. I don't know if it's good thing if the skin sucks up the serum immediately or not, but I like the concept of massaging my skin until it's absorbed. I feel like life is so short and I hardly spend time on my skin. During this time it gives me time to concentrate/focus on my skin. Once it's absorbed, my skin feels soft and prepares for moisturizer. Since I've been using this and other skin care products, my skin has not felt any tightness. It's hydrated, soft, looks more youthful, and lesser fine/thick lines. It's also light-weight and not greasy at all. Lastly, I'm glad I got this product. It's a good serum. I recommend it for everyone from oily to dry individuals like myself. If you have oily skin, I recommend using less pumps than me.

Pros:
* Slight floral scent while using.
* Simple design that stands out.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; the top doesn't easily come off.
* Top makes a clicking noise and can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Full control of the quantity you pump.
* Travel-friendly.
* Label doesn't surround the whole bottle; you can see through the packaging.
* Medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Spend time massaging and focusing on the skin
* Skin is soft.
* No tightness.
* Hydrated.
* Skin looks more youthful.
* Lesser fine/thick lines.
* Light-weight.
* Not greasy.

Cons:
* It takes some effort for it to absorb into the skin.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other derma e products reviewed/swatch:
Hydrating Night Creme
Nourishing Rose Cleansing Oil
Purifying 2-in-1 Charcoal Mask
Purifying Daily Detox Scrub
Vitamin C Concentrated Serum
Vitamin C Intensive Night Cream
Vitamin C Micellar Cleansing Water
Vitamin C Renewing Moisturizer

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...