Friday, April 17, 2020

derma e Anti-Wrinkle Treatment Oil

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I was fortunate to receive some products from derma e several months ago.

Here are the products I received. For this post, I will review the oil on the right.
Before I talk about the oil, let me show you what was in the travel kit. I already reviewed derma e Hydrating Night Cream (top left), derma e Vitamin C Concentrated Serum (top right), and derma e Purifying Daily Detox Scrub (bottom right).
Product Review: derma e Anti-Wrinkle Treatment Oil

Where to purchase: Target, ULTA, CVS, Whole Foods, Sprouts, and online at dermae.com
Price: $13.95 for 2 fl oz/ 60 mL

Made in USA

Description from the package: Pure wrinkle-fighting power. A unique, concentrated blend of Rosehip, Grape Seed and Seabuckthorn Oils absorb quickly to help soften, smooth and nourish dry skin while Vitamins A and E help reduce the appearance of younger-looking complexion.
Ingredients:
Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Organic Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Fruit Oil*, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Fruit Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Natural Fragrance Oils.
Thoughts: When I received this product, I was excited. I thought it was the perfect time for me to start using oil again.
Here's a closer look at the dropper.
Here's a swatch of the oil on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while using. Since it's so light, you cannot distinguish the smell but you do smell it. I just sniffed the product and I smell peppermint. If you're not into peppermint, it only lasts for a minute or two. You get adjusted to the smell. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple, clean, and professional looking. I also like that it's see through. I love seeing products go down. It's all mental. The background inside the packaging is orange. It makes the oil look more orange than it is. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The dropper is sturdy as well. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. I do recommend putting it in a Ziploc bag. If you touch the packaging after using the oil, the oil residue from the hand grabs onto the packaging. For this reason, it has slight greasy feel to it. It's not a big deal. You can just wash it with a wipe or wet paper towel. I am lazy and I leave it as it is. I hardly travel that much and this product stays on my vanity table at all times. It's also easy to hold with one hand. The dropper is nice. You have full control of the quantity you pump and put on your hand. Third, the consistency is an oily texture but that is expected since it's an oil. It's not too thick that it's hard to absorb into the skin. It's also not too thin that it runs while applying. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. The website recommends using it both mornings and nights. To be honest, I only used it at nights. I would do my normal skin care routine. I wash with a cleanser, apply toner, facial mist, serum, eye cream, and then moisturize with a night cream. Then to top off, I would apply oil as the last thing. I just drop some oil onto my clean hands. Then I pat all over the face and neck. I also do the chest. It's that easy. The reason why I use it as a last product is the oil lays on top of the moisturizer to seal in the product. I want my skin to work while I'm sleeping. My biggest concern is dehydration and aging process. I want to prolong it as much as I can. I want my skin to work during nights while I'm sleeping. Right after applying the oil, it leaves a shiny smooth texture. It's not greasy, not sticky, and feels comfortable on the skin. The next morning my face looks more alert and smooth. You can tell it got hydrated. With time, skin does improve but you need to be faithful in the skin care routine. This is where I'm lacking at the moment with my weird work schedule. I need to get better with skin care but I'm just so tired all the time. Lastly, I'm glad I got this product. I really love everything about it!

Pros:
* Slight scent while using.
* Simple, clean, professional looking packaging.
* See through; can see the product go down.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy dropper; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Full control of the dropper; amount you pump.
* Oily consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Good for mornings and nights.
* Leaves a shiny, smooth texture.
* Not greasy.
* Not sticky.
* Comfortable.
* Skin looks more alert and smooth.
* Hydrating.
* 100% vegan.
* GMO-free.
* Gluten-free.
* Soy-free.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Slight greasy feel on the packaging.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other derma e products reviewed/swatch:
Hydrating Night Creme
Natural Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 Baby
Nourishing Rose Cleansing Oil
Psorzema Cream
Purifying 2-in-1 Charcoal Mask
Purifying Daily Detox Scrub
Skin Beneficial Mist Mood Enhancing
CREATE
Tinted Moisturizing BB Cream SPF 30+ in Fair and Light
Vitamin C Concentrated Serum
Vitamin C Intensive Night Cream
Vitamin C Micellar Cleansing Water
Vitamin C Renewing Moisturizer

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...