Wednesday, June 27, 2018

derma e Advanced Peptides & Collagen Moisturizer

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive some products from derma e.
I took this picture from my Instagram. For this post, I will review the moisturizer on the left.

Where to purchase: Target, ULTA, CVS, Whole Foods, Sprouts, and online at dermae.com
Price: $35 for 2 fl oz/ 56 g

Made in USA

Description from the package: Feel forever young. This revolutionary, double-action moisturizer formulated with multi-peptides, Matrixyl synthe'6 and Argireline, helps to visibly soften and smooth the look of even the deepest wrinkles while plant extract Pycnogenol, a powerful antioxidant, may help support healthy collagen.

Powerful anti-aging peptides with benefits:
* Matrixyl synthe'6: May help support collagen for healthy-looking tone and texture.
* Argireline: Helps to visibly smooth the appearance of fine lines, leaving skin feeling soft.

Enriched with anti-aging antioxidants Vitamin C and Green Tea, this intense hydrating, peptide-infused formula helps to restore the look of your skin for a more youthful-looking appearance.
Ingredients:
Purified Water, Glycerin (Vegetable Derived), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Vegetable Derived), Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia) Seed Oil, Stearic Acid (Vegetable Derived), Cetyl Alcohol (Plant Derived), Glyceryl Stearate (Vegetable Derived), Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38 (Matrixyl® synthe’6®), Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 (Argireline®NP), Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Pinus Pinaster (Pycnogenol®) Bark Extract, Acacia Seyal Gum Extract (Plant Derived Collagen), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C Ester), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Organic Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract*, Organic Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract*, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Allantoin, Dimethicone, Xanthan Gum, Zinc Oxide, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. *Certified Organic Ingredients Due to the use of natural ingredients, the color of this product may slightly.
Thoughts: I've always been a fan of derma e products especially their skin care line. When I received this product, I was so excited that I stopped using my previous moisturizer. I wanted to try this one out.
Here's a closer look inside.
Here's a swatch of the moisturizer on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there is a slight scent while applying. To be honest with time, you get used to the scent that you hardly notice anymore. I just sniffed the product and there's a slight floral scent. It smells sweet and nice. Secondly, I've always been a fan of the packaging of derma e moisturizers. I like the container. It's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. It's also easy to hold with one hand. With that said, it's not the most sanitary-safe product. You do have to dig your finger into the pot unless you use a moisturizer spoon. Even though you dig your finger into the pot, you just make sure you wash your hands before digging into it. Third, the consistency is in-between medium to thick. It might be too thick for oily skin individuals but for dry skin like myself, it's good. I recommend it for dry to normal skin, as well as, aging skin. If it's too thick, you can use it at a night time cream. I've used it both day time and night time. With that said, it's easy to use. I apply it onto the skin and it spreads quickly. Even for myself who has dry skin, it does take some time for it to sink into the skin. It doesn't take that long but it's not that fast either. It takes couple of minutes. Once it's absorbed into the skin, it feels light and there's no greasiness. It leaves a nice, smooth texture. Fourth, the website describes it as hydrating and restore the look of your skin for a more youthful-looking appearance. I definitely have to agree. Since I've been using this moisturizer, my skin looks healthy and hydrated. I don't see any dry patches and it looks alert. When your skin is hydrated, it improves fine lines. Sometimes it improves thick lines. This is a good moisturizer for both fine and thick lines. For this reason, it makes the skin look more youthful. Plus, it doesn't hurt having the two ingredients vitamin c and green tea. They boost the skin to generate new cells. Lastly, it's long lasting. I do not need to reapply if I apply in the morning. It lasts all day. When I apply the night before, my skin looks so healthy and hydrated the next morning. I'm glad I got this product. This is a good one from derma e!

Pros:
* Slight scent while applying.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Top is sturdy; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* In-between medium to thick consistency.
* Great for dry to normal skin and aging.
* Great for day time and night time.
* Easy to use.
* Spreads easily.
* Light-weight.
* Not greasy.
* Leaves a nice, smooth texture.
* Skin looks healthy.
* Hydrating.
* Skin looks more alert.
* Improves fine and thick lines.
* Skin looks more youthful.
* Vitamin c.
* Green tea.
* Boost to generate new cells.
* Long lasting.
* Do not need to reapply throughout the day.
* Vegan.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Not sanitary-safe.
* Takes some time to absorb into the skin.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other derma e products reviewed/swatch:
Hydrating Night Creme
Nourishing Rose Cleansing Oil
Purifying 2-in-1 Charcoal Mask
Purifying Daily Detox Scrub
Vitamin C Concentrated Serum
Vitamin C Intensive Night Cream
Vitamin C Micellar Cleansing Water
Vitamin C Renewing Moisturizer

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...