Wednesday, July 12, 2017

derma e Nourishing Rose Cleansing Oil

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In May 2017, I was fortunate to be invited to derma e Spring Soiree and received a swag bag at the end.

Here are the products I received from derma e. For this post, I will review the cleansing oil fifth from the left.
Product Review: derma e Nourishing Rose Cleansing Oil

Where to purchase: Target, ULTA, CVS, Whole Foods, Sprouts, and online at dermae.com
Price: $17.99 for 2 fl oz/ 60 mL

Made in USA

Description from the package: This essence of rose cleansing oil dissolves away long-lasting makeup and impurities while nourishing skin with beautifying oils.

Argan and Jojoba Oils leave your skin feeling superbly moisturized, along with an improved soft and dewy appearance.
Ingredients:
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Plant Derived), Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Organic Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Polyglyceryl-2 Caprate, Polyglyceryl-2 Sesquioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Natural Fragrance Oils.
Thoughts: For years, I've heard of people using cleansing oil but I avoided it. I always thought it would be too heavy and oily for the skin. I decided to give it a try after seeing a YouTube video. She used it to clean her eye makeup and I was amazed how much came off including her mascara.
Here's a closer look at the pump.
Here's a closer look at the cleansing oil on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. It smells like rose. I just sniffed the product and it isn't artificial. It actually smells like the flower. Secondly, I like the packaging. The design is simple and attractive. Not only that, it comes in a see through packaging. This is all mental but I enjoy watching my products go down. Since I have so much stuff, it feels great to see that I'm actually using the products. It also comes in a pump. I have used packaging where I need to pour the oil out of the bottle and it would slide onto the side. Then the oil would go all over the place. It was just messy to work with. Thankfully, this particular product comes in pump. Not only is it sanitary-safe, I have full control of the pump and it's not messy at all. It also comes in a glass bottle and it's sturdy. I cannot see it break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. Third, the consistency is medium and it feels like an oil. I have used oil in the past where it's thick in consistency, and extremely heavy and greasy. This isn't like that. It's extremely light-weight and not greasy at all, but you can feel the the slight oiliness that comes from the oil. I hope that makes sense. With that said, it's extremely easy to use. I just pump a small amount in my hand and massage onto my dry skin. While massaging, I can see all the makeup come off. It's not the most prettiest sight but knowing that the makeup is coming off, it's gratification. Then I clean my face with micellar cleansing water and proceed to wash my face with cleanser. This is my nighttime routine when I wear makeup. If not, it's different and I skip using this product. Lastly, I'm so glad I decided to try this product. I don't know why it took me so long. I've been missing out. Eye makeup remover and micellar water was not enough. I would see smudges the next morning from my mascara. Now that I added this product, I don't see smudges anymore. Not only that, it's extremely comfortable. It did not dry out my skin and I did not feel any tightness with this product. My skin felt soft, smooth, and just plain clean. It's not recommended but I did use this product while wearing my contacts. It didn't irritate me whatsoever.

Pros:
* Argan and jojoba oil.
* Smells like rose.
* Simple, attractive design.
* Sanitary-safe; comes in a see through packaging.
* Not messy.
* Full control of the pump.
* Sturdy packaging.
* Travel-friendly.
* Comes in a pump.
* Medium consistency.
* Light-weight.
* Not greasy.
* Easy to use.
* Makeup easily comes off.
* No more smudges.
* Comfortable.
* Not drying.
* No tightness.
* Skin feels soft, smooth, and clean.
* Gluten-free.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* None.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other derma e products reviewed/swatch:
Hydrating Night Creme
Purifying 2-in-1 Charcoal Mask
Purifying Daily Detox Scrub

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...