Wednesday, September 18, 2019

derma e Tinted Moisturizing BB Cream SPF 30+ in Fair and Light

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive the whole line of their new BB creams from derma e.
Product Review: derma e Tinted Moisturizing BB Cream SPF 30+ in Fair and Light

Where to purchase: Target, ULTA, CVS, Whole Foods, Sprouts, and online at dermae.com
Price: $19.95 for 1.5 fl oz/ 44 mL

Made in USA

Description from the package: B you, Be beautiful. This lightweight tinted moisturizing BB cream helps to prime, hydrate and illuminate skin.

* Formulated with non-nano zinc oxide to help protect skin from harmful UVA/UVB sun rays
* Infused with antioxidant rich Bilberry, Vitamins C and E to help moisturize and nourish the skin.
Ingredients:
Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 20%      
Purpose: Sunscreen
Inactive Ingredients:
Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit Refined, Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Cellulose Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Olivate, Cocoglycerides, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Diheptyl Succinate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Iron Oxides, Jojoba Esters, Lecithin, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Phenoxyethanol, Pullulan, Purified Water, Sclerotium Gum, Silica, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Phytate, Sorbitan Olivate, Squalane, Stearoyl Glutamic Acid, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Extract, Xanthan Gum.
Thoughts: When I received this product, I was excited. I'm always on a hunt for a good American BB cream. I just cannot find one compared to Asian brands. They just make it better in my opinion. Not only that, I was hopeful knowing that this is coming from derma e. The brand has never failed me once yet.
Here's a closer look at the packaging.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a swatch of the BB Creams on my hand from left to right; Fair, Light, Medium, Tan, and Deep.
Here's how Fair looks on me. I only applied the BB Cream on the left half of the face and natural on the right.
Here's an overall look with Morphe 35F Fall Into Frost Artistry Palette on the eyes and Tarte Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint in Birthday Suit on the lips.
Here's how Light looks on me. I only applied the BB Cream on the left half of the face and natural on the right.
Here's an overall look with Morphe 35F Fall Into Frost Artistry Palette on the eyes and Kylie Cosmetics Matte Lip Kit in Kylie on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and there's no scent whatsoever. Just to make sure I sniffed both Fair and Light. I don't smell anything at all. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It's simple and comes in a tube. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. You squeeze the tube and you have full control of the quantity that comes out. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. Third, the consistency is creamy. It's not too thin that it runs when you squeeze the amount onto your hand. It's also not too thick that it's hard to apply onto the skin. It's a good consistency. It spreads easily. With that said, it's easy to use. I just spot my face and blend with my fingers. After I blend with my fingers, I pat into my skin with a sponge. When I first received these products, I first matched Fair. I noticed with Fair, it's more a thin tinted moisturizer. It just covered slightly to make a nice, smooth, even skin tone. This would be great on people with slight to perfect skin texture. If you have uneven skin and imperfections like myself, this will not cover. I, personally, think this particular color will be great for teenagers to twenty year old. Then I went on vacation and gotten darker. Fair did not match my skin tone anymore. I had to move onto Light. I felt Light was a little bit too dark but it was doable. It's strange because I felt Light had more coverage than Fair. I'm not too sure why. It's still a thin tinted moisturizer but I used less concealer than I would with Fair. This will be better on someone who has nice, smooth texture to uneven skin. It will make the skin even. This will be great on teenagers to thirties. Fourth and when it comes to color choices, they only have five. If you are in-between colors, you need to mix and match. In my opinion, I think it's too much work. If you don't mind mixing and matching colors, this BB Cream might be a good one. Pigmentation-wise it's thin. It's not pigmented at all. Since I have freckles, dark spots, and so on, it did not cover enough for my taste. I prefer medium to thick consistency. If you want tinted BB Cream, this is a good one. Not only that, it has SPF. It will protect the skin while you wear the BB Cream outside. It also does not whiten the skin. The BB Creams are more skin color than a whitening affect. Lastly, it lasted all day on me. Since I have dry skin, most products last all day. I did not see any fading. I did see some oil on my t-zone. It might be because I have oilier skin in that area than the rest. I personally don't mind the oil. It gives me a glow, youthfulness. It's comfortable, light-weight, not sticky and not drying at all. It felt like I was not wearing anything and I did not have to hydrate throughout the day. I'm glad I got to try this product. It's good for people who only want tinted cream.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Nice, simple packaging.
* Comes in a tube.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Full control of the quantity you squeeze.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Creamy, good consistency.
* Spread easily.
* Easy to use.
* Tinted moisturizer.
* Smooth out to even skin tone.
* Comes with SPF.
* No whitening from SPF.
* No fading.
* Gave me a glow, youthfulness.
* Comfortable.
* Light-weight.
* Not sticky.
* Did not dry my skin.
* Vegan.
* Gluten-free.
* Soy-free.
* Cruelty-free.
* Lasted all day.

Cons:
* Does not cover imperfections.
* Comes only in five colors; can be in-between the colors.
* Not pigmented.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  2.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other derma e products reviewed/swatch:
Hydrating Night Creme
Nourishing Rose Cleansing Oil
Psorzema Cream
Purifying 2-in-1 Charcoal Mask
Purifying Daily Detox Scrub
Vitamin C Concentrated Serum
Vitamin C Intensive Night Cream
Vitamin C Micellar Cleansing Water
Vitamin C Renewing Moisturizer

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...