Wednesday, April 8, 2020

derma e Natural Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 Baby

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I was fortunate to receive a set of sunscreens from derma e. I'm not to sure where I put the picture but I will review one of them.

Product Review: derma e Natural Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 Baby

Where to purchase: Target, ULTA, CVS, Whole Foods, Sprouts, and online at dermae.com
Price: 4 fl oz/ 113 g

Made in USA

Description from the package: This lightweight sunscreen offers broad spectrum protection in a formula that is gentle to baby soft skin. Eco-friendly Non-Nano Mineral Zinc Oxide protects your little one from harmful UVA/UVB rays. Soothing Chamomile Extract and Vitamin E help to leave skin baby soft and protected.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: The box of sunscreens came at the perfect time. I was almost close to finishing the previous sunscreen. This gave me a good chance to check out derma e sun care products.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and there's no scent whatsoever. Secondly, the packaging is nice. I have mixed feelings. It might be because I got a bad batch. I love the color combination. It's so pretty, and reminds me of spring and summer. The thing I did not like is the sticker on the container. It's coming off like no other and it came that way. I wished they made sure everything was in good condition before sending. With that said. it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of plastic. The lid is also sturdy as well. I can feel a tight seal, as well as, a clicking noise when I push open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and medium. It's not too thick that's it's hard to apply. It's also not too thin that it runs while applying. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. I squeeze a quarter size amount and apply onto the face, neck, and ears as the last skin care routine before heading out. Yes, you should apply onto your ears. Your ears get tan as well as or in some cases get burn. It's that easy. Thankfully, it doesn't give a white cast that I get a lot from American sunscreens. Even though there's no white cast, I can tell it doesn't get absorbed into the skin. It lays on top. You can feel it while massaging, as well as, later. When sunscreen doesn't get absorbed, you know it covers the skin and only protects the outer layer. You need a sunscreen that protects inner, as well as, outer that's why it's called UVA and UVB. The skin will glow from the shine, as well as, I can feel some residue. It's hard to explain. You know when you exfoliate your skin with Asian peels/exfoliates, you can see dead skin. That's what I feel like when I massage this particular sunscreen. I have never experienced this with any sunscreens before. I don't know if it's because I apply too much, skin is dry, or a mixture of things. The next time I applied less and I still got the same result. Even though I got the same results, the skin looks healthy and soft. It does not leave a greasy, sticky texture. Lastly, I'm glad I got to try this product. It's an alright sunscreen. I wouldn't say it's the best I have tried but it's definitely not the worst. I like everything about this sunscreen except for the residue that it leaves. I just think it's odd. I also tried looking on the website and I could not find this sunscreen whatsoever. I'm guessing it's discontinued but it could also be sold out.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Nice packaging with pretty colors.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal and a clicking noise when you push open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy and medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* No white cast.
* Skin glows.
* Skin looks healthy.
* Skin feels soft.
* Not greasy and sticky.
* GMO-free.
* Gluten-free.
* Soy-free.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* The sticker was coming off.
* Does not get absorbed into the skin; lays on top.
* Residue like dead skin.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other derma e products reviewed/swatch:
Hydrating Night Creme
Nourishing Rose Cleansing Oil
Psorzema Cream
Purifying 2-in-1 Charcoal Mask
Purifying Daily Detox Scrub
Skin Beneficial Mist Mood Enhancing
CREATE
Tinted Moisturizing BB Cream SPF 30+ in Fair and Light
Vitamin C Concentrated Serum
Vitamin C Intensive Night Cream
Vitamin C Micellar Cleansing Water
Vitamin C Renewing Moisturizer

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...