Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask in Berry

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In September 2016, I was fortunate to receive YesStyle Korean Beauty Box.

Here are the products in the box. For this post, I will review the lip product from Laneige on the bottom right.

Where to purchase: Sephora, Target, and online at us.laneige.com
Price: $20 for 0.70 oz/ 20 g

Made in Korea

Description from the website:
* Lip Sleeping Mask has a softening balm texture that closely adheres to lips for quick absorption.
* Enriched with vitamin C and antioxidants, its Berry Mix Complex offers a nutritiously sweet and fragrant blend of raspberry, strawberry, cranberry, and blueberry extracts to indulge the senses.
* Exclusive Moisture Wrap technology boasts hyaluronic acid and minerals to form a protective film over the lips to lock in moisture and active ingredients.
* A generous layer of this soothing mask at bedtime helps reduce flakiness so you can wake up to lips that feel refreshed, supple, and soft to the touch.

Moisture Whip
An exclusive technology that features a mineral network of moisture-rich beta-glucan to form an 8-hour time-release moisturizing layer over skin. It locks in active ingredients and mineral water.

Berry Mix Complex
Rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants from a nutritious blend of raspberries, strawberries, cranberries, goji berries and blueberries, Berry Mix Complex soothes and softens, revealing smooth, supple lips.

Formulated without:
* Sulfates SLS and SLES
* Parabens
* Formaldehydes and Formaldehyde-releasing agents
* Phthalates
* Mineral Oil
* Retinylpalmitate
* Oxybenzone
* Coal Tar
* Hydroquinone
* Triclosan and Triclocarban
Ingredients:
DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, PHYTOSTERYL / ISOSTEARYL / CETYL / STEARYL / BEHENYL DIMER DILINOLEATE, HYDROGENATED POLY(C6-14 OLEFIN), POLYBUTENE, MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX / CERA MICROCRISTALLINA / CIRE MICROCRISTALLINE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER, SYNTHETIC WAX, EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX / CANDELILLA CERA / CIRE DE CANDELILLA, SUCROSE TETRASTEARATE TRIACETATE, BUTYLENE / ETHYLENE / STYRENE COPOLYMER, ETHYLENE / PROPYLENE / STYRENE COPOLYMER, MICA (CI 77019), ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), DIMETHICONE, FRAGRANCE / PARFUM, POLYGLYCERYL-2 DIISOSTEARATE, DEHYDROACETIC ACID, METHICONE, COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX / CERA CARNAUBA / CIRE DE CARNAUBA, POLYGLYCERYL-2 TRIISOSTEARATE, YELLOW 6 LAKE (CI 15985), RED 6 (CI 15850), POLYHYDROXYSTEARIC ACID, WATER / AQUA / EAU, POTASSIUM ALGINATE, PROPANEDIOL, GLYCERIN, ALCOHOL, LYCIUM CHINENSE FRUIT EXTRACT, VACCINIUM MACROCARPON (CRANBERRY) FRUIT EXTRACT, FRAGARIA CHILOENSIS (STRAWBERRY) FRUIT EXTRACT, RUBUS IDAEUS (RASPBERRY) FRUIT EXTRACT, SAPINDUS MUKOROSSI FRUIT EXTRACT, VACCINIUM ANGUSTIFOLIUM (BLUEBERRY) FRUIT EXTRACT, RUBUS CHAMAEMORUS SEED EXTRACT, COFFEA ARABICA (COFFEE) SEED EXTRACT, CHENOPODIUM QUINOA SEED EXTRACT, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, CALCIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, BETA-GLUCAN, MANGANESE SULFATE, ZINC SULFATE, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE
Thoughts: When I first got this product, I was intrigued and curious. On the other hand and after reading the direction, it seemed like it was too much work. For this reason, it took me awhile to use it.
Here's a closer look at the packaging.
Here's a closer look inside.
Here's a closer look at the spatula.
Here's a closer look at the silicon.
Here's how it looks on me.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and it smells heavenly. It's on the sweet and fruity side. It's supposed to smell like berry but it smells more like strawberry to me. I guess strawberry is berry but when I think of berry, I think more of blackberry. I like the smell but I don't smell it on my lips. Secondly, I love the packaging. It's so cute! It's pink, girly, and really attractive to the eyes. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. It comes with a spatula. You use the spatula to grab some product and apply onto the lip. It's sanitary-free if you use the spatula. I honestly only used it twice and I stopped. It's easy to use but you need to wash the spatula right after. I'm kind of lazy and touching the sticky residue on the spatula was not fun. It also comes with a plastic case for the spatula. If you don't wash the spatula before putting it in the case, it will get dirty. With time, anything bad will stick to the sticky residue. It will not be a pretty sight. For this reason, I started using my finger. I make sure my fingers are clean before I apply the product. Third, the consistency is in-between medium to thick. It's not too thick that it's hard to apply onto the lips. It's also not too thin that it runs. It's a good consistency. Even though it's on the thicker side, it did not tug on the lips. It went on smoothly. With that said, it's easy to use. I just grab some product with my right ring finger. Then I apply onto my lips right before I head to bed. The next morning I wipe the remaining leftover when I cleanse my face. My lips look amazing! All the dry, chapped skin are gone. It looks healthy, smooth, and hydrated. I have never experienced this with any lip balm ever. Going back to the product on the lips, it is sticky. The stickiness helps adhere to the lips for it to work overnight. Other than the stickiness, it's not greasy and uncomfortable. It leaves a shiny texture. Plus, you sleep right after that you don't really notice anything. Also, I haven't noticed any sticky residue on the pillow. Lastly, I'm glad I got this product. I can see why the reviews are good! It's an overnight miracle product for the lips. I also feel stupid it took me this long to try it. I highly recommend if you have dry lips, as well as, aging.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent on the lips.
* Cute packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Comes with a spatula; sanitary-free.
* Comes with a plastic case for the spatula.
* Medium to thick consistency.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Goes on smoothly.
* Easy to use.
* Dry, chapped skin are gone.
* Looks healthy.
* Looks smooth.
* Hydrating.
* Not greasy.
* Not uncomfortable.
* Leaves a shiny texture.
* Does not leave a sticky residue on the pillow

Cons:
* Sticky.

Would repurchase: Yes!
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Laneige products reviewed/swatch:
BB Cushion
Light

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...