Friday, April 3, 2020

OUAI Shampoo and Conditioner in Medium Hair

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I was fortunate to receive a shampoo and conditioner set from Influenster.

Here are the products. I will be reviewing both products from OUAI, because they go hand and hand.
Product Review: OUAI Shampoo in Medium Hair

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at theouai.com
Price: $28 for 10 fl oz/ 300 mL

Made in USA

Description from the package: Need a glow up? This hydrating shampoo nourishes with babassu and coconut oils, strengthens with keratin and adds shine with kumquat extract. Hair is left shiny, silky and flirty - so you can update that profile pic.
Ingredients:

Product Review: OUAI Conditioner in Medium Hair

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at theouai.com
Price: $28 for 10 fl oz/ 300 mL

Made in USA

Description from the package: Feeling out of control? This hydrating conditioner makes hair (and life) easier to manage - promise. Strengthening keratin, nourishing babassu and coconut oils and kumquat extract leave hair shiny, silky and smooth. Hair so good you won't even notice that Mercury is in retrograde.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: When I received this set, I was excited. I've heard about this brand for years but I never got to try it. For this reason, I was excited.
Here's a closer look at the opening of the shampoo. The conditioner is the same.
Here's a swatch of the shampoo on a cotton pad.
Here's a swatch of the conditioner on a cotton pad.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a noticeable scent while using both the shampoo and conditioner. I noticed they smell different. For some reason, I like the smell of the conditioner better than the shampoo. It's sweeter, but I cannot recall the smell no matter how many times I have used these products. I just sniffed both the shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo smells like liquid hand soap. It smells floral but on the musky side. The conditioner, on the other hand, smells similar but there's no muskiness whatsoever. It more of a sweet floral. From my experience, shampoos and conditioners of same type have the same smell. These are similar but different. I find it interesting. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and clean looking. The shampoo has a metallic sheen to the packaging, whereas, the conditioner is matte. You can tell them apart easily even in the shower. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. They are made out of squeezable plastic. The tops are sturdy as well. You push the back of the top to open the lid. You push the front to close the lid. You can feel a tight seal and a clicking noise when you push the lids to open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your big purse and bag. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, both the shampoo and conditioner are creamy in consistency and medium. Of course, the shampoo is more liquidity than the conditioner. They are not too think it's hard to lather into the hair. They are also not too thin that it runs while lathering. They are both good consistency and lathers easily. With that said, it's easy to use. I squeeze a quarter size amount of shampoo onto the palm of my hand and lather into my wet hair. I focus mostly on the roots to make sure my head gets a cleansing, as well as, a massage. Once I think the roots are clean, I move to the rest of the hair. The conditioner, on the other hand, I squeezed double the amount of shampoo. Before applying, I make sure to squeeze the excess water out of the hair. Then I apply at the ends to the root. My ends are the most driest and for this reason, I want it most moisturized. The shampoo does it's job of cleaning and my hair doesn't feel like it's be stripped dry. The conditioner does it's job of moisturizing. From roots to my shoulder has only been dyed. There has been no bleach whatsoever and for this reason, it's more moisturized than the ends. After using the shampoo and conditioner, it feels soft and smooth. From my shoulder to the ends has been bleached and dyed. Even though it's not as dry as when I first bleached it, I can feel a slight crispiness even with this shampoo and conditioner. It is better than other brands I have tried. Some products still keep my ends crispy. I also found it easy to comb my hair with a comb. That was impossible before. I had to use a tangler brush. Lastly, I noticed my hair doesn't get greasy as quickly as other brands. I can go for couple of days without shampooing and conditioner. With that said, I'm glad I got these products. They are pretty decent. On the other hand, they are costly. I also found it hard to squeeze the product out of the packaging. It takes patience but it does come out once it reaches the opening. I wish they did a better job in packaging but for what it is, these are pretty good in quality!

Pros:
* Recyclable.
* Conditioner has a sweet floral scent.
* Simple and clean looking packaging.
* Can distinguish the shampoo and conditioner easily.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal and a clicking noise when you push the lids to open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy consistency and on the medium.
* Lathers easily.
* Easy to use.
* Shampoo cleans well.
* Conditioner moisturizes.
* Hair feels soft ans smooth.
* Makes it easy to comb hair.
* Hair doesn't get greasy that easily.

Cons:
* Costly.
* Shampoo has a musky floral scent.
* Hard to squeeze the products.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...