Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Nubian Heritage Hand Cream in Coconut & Papaya

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In October 2016, I went to Chella Eyebrow Cream Launch Party. I was fortunate to received a swag bag at the end.

Here are the products. I will review the hand cream from Nubian Heritage on the top middle.
Product Review: Nubian Heritage Hand Cream in Coconut & Papaya

Where to purchase: online at nubianheritage.com
Price: $9.99 for 4 fl oz/ 118 mL

Made in USA

Description from the website: Coconut and Papaya Hand Cream from Nubian Heritage helps you hold onto younger looking hands. In a silky formula that starts with certified organic shea butter, our luscious coconut hand cream renews and deeply moisturizes your skin for softer, smoother hands. You can even us our Coconut and Papaya Cream for face moisturizing when wind, sun and environmental stressors take their toll.

Nubian Heritage Coconut and Papaya Hand Cream combines the brightening powers of papaya extract with cocoa butter, aloe and olive oil for layers of hydration that penetrate deeply and last all day. This juicy scent of papaya is tempered with vanilla extract and a proprietary essential oils blend for a refreshing aroma that lifts your spirits anytime, anywhere. And you can always feel good about Nubian Heritage hand cream products that are never, ever tested on animals.
Ingredients:
Water, Capric/Caprylic Triglycerides, Glyceryl Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*仫, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Glycerin (Vegetable), Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Glyceryl Caprylate, Fragrance (Essential Oil Blend), Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tricholoma Matsutake (Songi Mushroom) Extract, Hibiscus Sabdariffa (Roselle) Flower Extract, Glyceryl Undecylenate *Certified Organic Ingredient. 仫Fair Trade Ingredient
Thoughts: To be honest when I received this product, I had mixed feelings. I love that I got a full-size hand lotion. I use hand creams like crazy especially at work. I moisturize after I wash my hands. On the other hand, I'm not a big fan of coconut flavored scents. This might be the reason it took me so long to use this product. I knew I had to use it eventually instead of wasting the product.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a light scent while applying. It smells like coconut but with a sweet twist to it. I just sniffed the product and it smells like how it's applied. I'm not a big fan of coconut but it's an alright scent. It's not something I would search for, but it's doable for what I have. Secondly, I like the packaging. The design is actually nice. I'm not a big fan of so much happening but this is actually attractive to the eyes. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The lid is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal, as well as, a clicking noise when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. It's also easy to hold with one hand. You have to squeeze the tube to squeeze the product out of the packaging. You have full control of the quantity you squeeze. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to absorb into the skin. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. I just squeeze a nickel size amount and massage my hands until it absorbs into the skin. It depends on the skin type. If you have normal to oily skin, you will need less than someone who has dry skin like myself. For this reason, it might be too heavy for some oily skin individuals. For dry skin, it's a good consistency. It's also good during the dry, winter weather. It leaves a nice, smooth texture. You can feel a slight heaviness that you don't feel in other creams. Some people might not like that feel but I actually don't mind. Knowing that it coats the hands, I know that it's trying to keep the hydration below the coat. Basically, it's trying to keep the hydration in the inner layers of the skin. It's not greasy, not sticky, and it's comfortable. With time and usage, the hand skin improves. During winter, my hands are extremely cold. When I use warm to hot water, my skin starts cracking to a point I can see blood. I need to constantly moisturize or else it will get worst. For this reason, I need heavy hand cream. This is a good one. I saw improvements quickly. Lastly, I'm glad I got this product. I like the product. I just wasn't too keen on the scent. Now that I know they carry a variety of scents, it's something I can look into in the future. Not only that, the ingredients are natural.

Pros:
* Attractive design.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy lid; can feel a tight seal and a clicking noise when I open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Full control of the quantity you squeeze.
* Creamy, medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Great for normal to dry skin individuals.
* Great for winter season.
* Leaves a nice, smooth texture.
* Hydrating.
* Natural ingredients.
* Not greasy.
* Not sticky.
* Comfortable.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Smells like coconut with a sweet twist.
* Leaves a slight heaviness.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...