Friday, April 24, 2020

Redken Color Extend Magnetics Sulfate-Free Shampoo

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In September 2018, I went to a professional to get my hair dyed blonde. After getting my hair done, she recommended I buy colored shampoo. I went straight to ULTA to buy the shampoo. The hair dresser recommended this shampoo from Redken.

Product Review: Redken Color Extend Magnetics Sulfate-Free Shampoo

Where to purchase: ULTA and online at redken.com
Price: $20.50 for 10.1 fl oz/ 300 mL

Made in USA

Description from the package: Gently cleanse and strengthen color-treated hair with the complete Color Extend Magnetics care system. Color Extend Magnetics Shampoo includes Redken's exclusive RCT Protein Complex to treat hair from the root, to the core, to the tip. Our Color Extend Magnetics care system with Charge-Attract Complex delivers charged amino-ions that attract to the hair fiber to form a barrier. Lightweight and non-stripping, hair feels fortified and color radiance is secured for optimal looking vibrancy.
Ingredients:
AQUA/WATER/EAU, COCO-BETAINE, DISODIUM LAURETH SULFOSUCCINATE, SODIUM COCOYL ISETHIONATE, SODIUM LAURYL SULFOACETATE, SODIUM LAUROYL SARCOSINATE, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DECYL GLUCOSIDE, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, AMODIMETHICONE, PPG-5- CETETH-20, HYDROGENATED COCONUT ACID, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-55 PROPYLENE GLYCOL OLEATE, CARBOMER, ACRYLATES/BEHENETH-25 METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, DISODIUM EDTA, SODIUM ISETHIONATE, BENZOIC ACID, SODIUM COCOYL AMINO ACIDS, TOCOPHEROL, TRIDECETH-6, BENZYL SALICYLATE, POTASSIUM DIMETHICONE PEG-7 PANTHENYL PHOSPHATE, LIMONENE, LINALOOL, MAGNESIUM NITRATE, SODIUM SARCOSINATE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, SODIUM ACETATE, ALPHAISOMETHYL IONONE, ARGININE, SERINE, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDEGLUTAMIC ACID, BENZOPHENONE-4, SODIUM BENZOATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN PG-PROPYL SILANETRIOL, METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, GLYCERIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, TETRASODIUM EDTA, BAMBUSA VULGARIS SAP EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SORBIC ACID, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CITRIC ACID (D184886/1)
Thoughts: In all honesty, I was not too sure what to think. I bought this product from recommendations.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a closer look at the product on a cotton pad.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a light scent while using. It's on the sweet, floral side. I actually like the smell. I just sniffed the product and it smells exactly how it's applied. If you are not too keen about the scent, it doesn't last long. I would say several minutes. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's a very pretty purple. The color purple matches with the concept of purple shampoo. Purple shampoos are supposed to be good for keeping the blonde in the hair. I also like the shape. The slender top is supposed to be easy to hold with one hand and the slender bottom to hold while squeezing the product out. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of plastic. The lid is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal, as well as, a clicking noise when you open and close the lid. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your bag. I would put it in a Ziploc bag just in case for safety reason. You also have full control of the quantity you squeeze. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to lather. It's also not too thin that it runs while lathering. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. I squeeze a quarter size amount onto the palm of my hand and lather into my wet hair. It easily lathers and cleans my hair. Other than that, I really don't know what to say. It just felt like a regular shampoo. It cleaned and did not dry out my hair. I mostly bought it so my hair color would stay as vibrant as I first colored it. I haven't had a problem with my hair getting dull. On the other hand I've been using a mixture of shampoos. For this particular shampoo, I only used it twice a week and then did a hair mask right after. I used amika: Soulfood Nourishing Mask as a good, thick conditioner. That might be a reason my hair did not dry out. Other days, I used other shampoos and conditioners in my shower. Let me tell you I have a lot. With a combination of all these shampoos and conditioners, my hair still look good except for the roots of course. That is expected with time, as well as, being quarantined. Lastly, I'm glad I got to try this product. Do I think it's a miracle worker? I don't think so. It just felt like an expensive shampoo but on the other hand, my hair did not get dull. Maybe it did work and I just didn't notice it.

Pros:
* Sweet, floral scent.
* Pretty purple packaging.
* Packaging shape; easy to hold with one hand.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy lid; can feel a tight seal and a clicking noise when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Full control of the quantity you squeeze.
* Creamy, medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Easily lathers.
* Cleans hair.
* Hydrating.
* Hair did not get dull.

Cons:
* Expensive.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...