Monday, April 6, 2020

Sephora Polish Up Silicone Brush Cleansing Pad

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I got some products from The Makeup Show LA 2018.

Here are the products I either purchased or received on the floor. I already reviewed Rude Notorious Liquid Lip Color in Bad to the Bones (middle). For this post, I will review the brush cleansing pad from Sephora on the middle left.
Here are the products I purchased and received from Sephora. For this post, I will review the brush cleansing pad on the left.
Product Review: Sephora Polish Up Silicone Brush Cleansing Pad

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at sephora.com
Price: unknown

Made in China

Description from the package:
* Brush cleansing pad helps to effortlessly deep-clean all your makeup brushes.
* Unique multi-textured surface is designed to gently work between the bristles for enhanced deep cleaning.
* Lightweight and ergonomically-designed to fit comfortably over your hand.
* Includes a microfiber towel for drying brushes after cleaning.
* Dry your makeup brushes upside down or lying flat so that water does not damage the bristles inside the brush.
Thoughts: When I first saw this product, I knew I had to get it. I bought one years before this particular cleansing pad. It's a glove and I have not touched it once since I got it. It's just huge and takes up way too much space. For that reason, I purchased this particular pad. It's smaller and easier to use.
Here's a closer look at the multi-textured surface.
Here's a closer look at the smaller textured surface.
Here's a closer look at the bigger textured surface.
Here's a closer look at the side view of the multi-textured surface.
Here's a closer look at the other side where you put your fingers in.
Here's a closer look at the microfiber cloth.
Here's a closer look at the microfiber cloth all flat and spread out.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I like the packaging. I'm not a big fan of pink but this one looks nice. It's bright, simple, and clean. It also feels nice. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of silicone. It's flexible, fold-able, and it has a soft texture. I cannot see it break unless you are rough with the packaging. It also comes with a plastic bag. I believe it's plastic but it could also be silicone. It has the same texture but it is in a clear, plastic bag. I keep the cleansing pad in there in-between usage. I don't want it to get dirty when it's not being used. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy throw in your purse and bag. It also comes with a microfiber towel. I only use it after I clean my brushes. Then I toss it to be washed. Since I have been using it, the towel looks the same from the first time I used it. Secondly, I only use this cleansing pad whenever I wash my brushes. It's probably every three weeks to a month. It's extremely easy to use. I wash my brushes one at a time. I wet the brush under running water. Once the brush is wet enough, I swirl the brush into my brush cleanser. At the moment, I am using Swirl + Sparkle Uncrafted Brush Cleanser in Sparkle + Glam Soiree. Then I swirl the brush onto the Sephora Polish Up Silicone Brush Cleansing Pad. I prefer using the smaller textured surface. It's more compacted and easier to get into the brushes. I can see the brush creating a lather while swirling on the cleansing pad, as well as, the dirty makeup coming off the brush onto the pad. Once the brush looks clean, I run it through the water. You will see the water turn clean. It feels so good to see a clean brush. Then I squeeze the excess water with my hand. Then I rub the brush onto the microfiber towel. You can see and feel it grab the leftover water from the brush. Then I lay the brush flat with a slight 45 degree angle at the end of the handle overnight. The next morning the brushes look and feel brand new. It's not harsh on the brushes. The brushes are soft to the touch and feels great on the skin. I also think the thick brushes dry faster than normal. They tend to take longer because of so much hair. Since the microfiber grabs the leftover water from the brushes, it helps speed the drying process. Lastly, I'm glad I got this product. It's easy to use, and I feel the brushes are cleaner than using my own hands. It could be mental but seeing the makeup residue on the cleansing pad satisfies me. I also love that it's small enough to store. It doesn't take that much space. Unfortunately, I don't think they make this anymore. I could not find it on the website. So sad!

Pros:
* Packaging is bright, simple, and clean.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Flexible, fold-able, and has a soft texture.
* Comes with a clear, plastic bag.
* Travel-friendly.
* Comes with a microfiber towel.
* Easy to use.
* Comes with two different textured surface.
* Creates a lather.
* Can see the dirty makeup on the cleansing pad.
* Microfiber towel grabs excess water from the brush.
* Not harsh on the brushes.
* Thick brushes dry faster than normal.
* Easy to store.

Cons:
* Might be discontinued.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Sephora products reviewed/swatch:
Fiber Mask

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...