Friday, April 10, 2020

Fresame Volumizer Mascara

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to work with Fresame. If you are like me and have never heard about this brand, here's some information.

"I'm a first generation Mexican American born and raised in Chicago, Illinois. My parents arrived from Mexico in the last 1960's. I was fortunate through life circumstances to temporarily live in Mexico for three years during grade school and this opportunity is what allowed me to really submerse myself in my culture. Even as a small child I knew I was born to be an artist. It made me happy and I loved everything artistic from painting, sculpture, drawing, to sewing. I was able to do so from a small age all the way through high school.

I completed my BFA in Fashion Design, and from there went to work for Nordstrom for ten years. This is where I found my true passion, and working for Bobbi Brown made me realize how much I cared about cosmetics. I've expanded my talents to fashion shows, non-profit events, and bridal and special event make up applications. My opportunities continued to grow, including work with Oprah and celebrity guests on her Chicago-based show.

This was all the beginning of a journey, my journey. I wanted to own my own business, and everything up to now has taught me how I want to run my company. As a self starter, I remain active in the growth of my creative artistry. This all comes together in the form of Fresame Cosmetics. It's a beautiful thing, and I hope you love it as much as I do."

I took this from the website. They said it better than I ever could!

Product Review: Fresame Volumizer Mascara

Where to purchase: online at fresame.com
Price: $18 for 0.4 oz/ 18 g

Made in Italy

Description from the website: Fresame Volumizer Mascara creates Amazing volume that is buildable. This custom brush builds and separates each lash to define them and give them Amazing volume. A Highly technological production project, a brand new pigment working process that enables hybrid products to be worked into emulsion. Patent pending productive technology assure exclusivity of the product.

It is water resistant but gentle on the lashes, we have added aloe extract to nourish your lashes. It has a creamy, light weight, and beautiful rich black color, just sweep from root to tip. Don't forget to wiggle, try it once and you will be addicted!
Ingredients:
Aqua, Copernicia cerifera wax extract, Acrylates copolymer, Glyceryl stearate, Stearic acid, Ricinus communis seed oil, Aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, Cetearyl alcohol, Microcristallina cera, Pentaerythrityl hydrogenated rosinate, Polyvinyl alcohol, PVP, Triethanolamine, Phenyl trimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl glycol, Aloe barbadensis leaf extract, Pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Parfum, Ethylhexylglycerin. May contain: CI 77499.
Thoughts: When I first heard about this product through email, it drew me in. I have straight Asian lashes and if the mascara can give me bold voluminous lashes, I am so in.
Here's a closer look at the mascara.
Here's a closer look at the wand.
Here's how it looks on my lashes.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with MAC Eye Shadow X 12 Desert Lightening on the eyes, and L'Oreal Matte Lip Crayon in Tres Sweet on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and it smells heavenly! It smells like floral potpourri. I have never smelled this in any mascaras ever. They usually have a chemical scent. I'm so impressed! Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple, clean, and black. It's matte with shiny, gold writing. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. The bristles of the wand is all the same length. It gets smaller as you get to the tip. The bristles by the handle is good for the top lashes, and the bristles at the tip makes it good for the bottom. It reaches the smaller lashes. Third, the consistency is medium. It's not too thick that's it's hard to run through the lashes. It's also not too thin that it runs and marks all over the skin. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. After I curl my lashes, I curl the mascara from root to tips. I do it several times until it's bold enough. A lot of non-waterproof mascaras weigh these Asian lashes down. Thankfully, this isn't that heavy. I do admit it did weigh my lashes down in the beginning. After several usage, it stopped which is doable. I have used mascaras that weigh my lashes down the whole time I used it. If you are blessed with curled lashes, you will be blessed from beginning to end. With that said, it did not lengthen my lashes. If you have short lashes, you might want to pass. I, personally, don't think I have short lashes but it isn't long either. It's average. Even though it didn't lengthen my lashes, it gave me volume. I rather have bold, voluminous lashes than long. It makes the eyes stand out and I don't look that tired. You will get that with this mascara. The thing I found amazing is that when you build volume, the mascaras clump. You will not with this particular mascara. It keeps the lashes separated and bold. Lastly, I'm glad I got this mascara. It looked good at the end of the day as I first applied. It did not smudge or fade. It might be hard to get but I do recommend it if you want bold, voluminous lashes.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever when applying.
* Simple, clean, and black packaging with shiny, gold writing.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Long and short bristles on the wand.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Did not weigh the lashes down.
* Gave volume.
* Does not clump.
* Lashes are separated.
* Lashes are bold.
* Did not smudge.
* Did not fade.
* Vegan.
* Paraben-free.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Did not lengthen.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...