Monday, April 20, 2020

Sephora Refresh and Prep Lip Scrubber

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

End of last year, December 2019, I made some purchase from Sephora.

Here's my haul. I already reviewed Pat McGrath Labs Eye Ecstasy Eye Shadow Palette in Sublime (left). For this post, I will review the lip scrubber from Sephora in the middle.
Product Review: Sephora Refresh and Prep Lip Scrubber

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at sephora.com
Price: $9

Made in China

Description from the package:
* A double-sided lip brush that preps lips for lipstick application.
* Unique texture of silicone bristles exfoliates on one side, and massages and stimulates on the other side, creating a plumping effect.
Thoughts: Since I started exfoliating my lips twice a week or I try to, I wanted to use a brush rather than my finger. I wanted to see if it makes a difference. Since this product got good raves on the website, I decided to purchase.
Here's a closer look at the scrubber.
Here's a closer look at the thin, longer bristles. This is the exfoliate side.
Here's a closer look at the round bristles. This is the massage and stimulate side.
Here's a closer look at the handle.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while using. I just sniffed the product and there's no scent whatsoever. There are times when you open the package and you get a huge sniff of not so great scent. You do not have to worry about that with this product. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It's simple, clean, with a pop of color. I'm not a pink person but this one is nice. I'm not too sure but I noticed a lot of silicone are pink. This includes Sephora and I own two silicone products. It's just something I noticed. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. The handle is matte and made out of thick plastic. The brush is soft and silicone. I cannot see it break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. In all honestly, I wish this came in a small carry case. It'll make it easier to store and travel with. The idea that the brush is wide open when it's not being used, doesn't make me feel clean. Particles can collect on the brush, as well as, it can touch anything while not being used. Then it touches your lips. Yes, I clean it before I use it but it still doesn't make me feel safe. That's just my opinion. I also noticed it has a tiny hole at the end of the handle. I'm wondering if the hole is there to hang somewhere. If it is, an additional part did not come with this scrubber. With that said, it's easy to hold with one hand. Third, it comes with two types of bristles. One is long and thin, and the other is round. When I first got them, I didn't know why there were two sides. After using and reading instructions, it makes sense why there are two. With that said, it's easy to use. I apply my lip scrub. I am using Henne Rose Diamonds Lip Exfoliator at the moment. I grab a little with my right ring finger and apply on my dry lips. Then I wet the lip scrubber and exfoliate my lips with the thin, long side. I end with cleansing my lips with water. It's that easy. To be honest, I do not want to plump my lips. I think I already have big lips and I don't want to make it bigger. For this reason, I really don't use the round side. Plus, just using one side to exfoliate is enough to circulate the lips or at least I think so. With that said, you can tell the difference between both sides. You can even feel the difference. The thin, long side is soft to the touch. It's not harsh and does not pull on the lips. It feels good on the lips. The round side is rough and does tug on the lips a little bit. Even though it does, it's not harsh on the lips. You just feel more than the thin, long side. After exfoliating the lips, it feels soft and plump. It is great for people who have dry lips, as well as, to prepare for matte lip products like liquid lipsticks. Lastly, I'm glad I got the product. I, personally, think it works better than my finger. It's also easier. You can feel more on the lips than using a finger. Do I think you need this? No, but it's a fun tool!

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Simple, clean packaging with a pop of color.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Matte handle and silicone brush.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Comes with two types of bristles.
* Easy to use.
* Exfoliates.
* Plumps.
* The long, thin side does not tug on the lips.
* The round side slightly tugs but not harsh on the lips.
* Lips feel soft.
* Great for dry lips.
* Gets rid of chapped lips.
* Prepares for lip products.

Cons:
* Wish it came with a plastic case.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Sephora products reviewed/swatch:
Fiber Mask

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...