Monday, April 27, 2020

Sephora Crystal Serum Roller in Rose Quartz

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In early April 2020, I purchase some products from Sephora.

Here are my purchase. For this post, I will review the product on the bottom.
Product Review: Sephora Crystal Serum Roller in Rose Quartz

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at sephora.com
Price: $10

Made in China

Description from the package:
* Crystal Rollerball filled with Rose Quartz stones to infuse with your favorite facial serum or body oil.
* Rose Quartz is believed to have a skin radiance boosting effect.
* Comes with a mini funnel to help keep it mess-free.
* Slight variations in stone color are due to the unique natural character of this product.
Thoughts: When I first saw this online, I thought it was so cute. I've become a fan of rose quartz lately and thought it'll be fun to use.
Here's a closer look at the packaging.
Here's a closer look at the roller.
Here's a closer look at the rose quartz.
Here's a closer look at the funnel.
Here's a closer look at the funnel when being used.
Here's a closer look at the roller with oil.
Here's a closer look of the rose quartz with oil.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all and before using the roller, I cleaned every piece of the roller from the inside out. I took out the rose quartz and washed all the pieces with dish washing soap. It did not change the color, as well as, shape. It was extremely gentle on the rose quartz. I also heard you can wash it with sage oil but I do not own. You want to make sure everything is clean before using. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It reminds me of perfume rollers. With that said, it is smaller than I thought. For some reason, I was expecting it to be bigger. It's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. I like that it's see through. You can see the oil, in my case, go down as you use it. I feel productive when I see products go down. It's all mental. It's just that I own so many products and seeing things being used makes me feel good. The top is also sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Best of all, you have full control of the roller. It moves gently and does not tug on the skin. It's also easy to remove and replace. The funnel is the only thing that looks cheap. It's made out of thin plastic. As long as it does it's job, that's the most important. It is easy to use and the oil did not spill out of the funnel, as well as, the roller. Third, you can use it with any serum and oil. The back said body oil but I actually used facial oil. I used derma e Anti-Wrinkle Treatment Oil. In all honesty, you can use it with any liquid product or at least I think so. I even think you can use it with perfume. One thing I did notice is that the oil changed color and it became lighter. The original color is gold but in the roller, it turned light yellow. I don't know if it has to do with the rose quartz but I'm guessing most likely. I saw it change color when I filled the roller. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. Per packaging, rose quartz has a skin radiance boosting effect. To be honest, I cannot tell. I believe it's a mixture of products that help the skin and you need to be dedicated to do in daily basis. If you are not a fan of rose quartz, they had amethyst. I kind of wished I got that. It would be more noticeable with the oil or at least I think so. You barely notice the rose quartz with the oil mixture. I'm kind of sadden because that's one of the main reason I got this roller. I wanted to see the rose quartz on my vanity table for the aesthetic reason. Lastly, I'm glad I got this roller. I think it would be prettier with a clear serum than an oil. Once I finish the oil in the roller, I will change it to a serum. I still regret not getting the amethyst. I think it'll be prettier than the rose quartz. The rose quartz is way too light. It just doesn't stand out. I tried looking on the website and both are not sold anymore. Either they discontinued or it's out of stock. They both had high ratings and that was one of the reasons I got this product.

Pros:
* Easy to clean
* Nice packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* See through packaging; can see the product go down.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Full control of the roller.
* Roller does not tug on the skin.
* Easy to remove and put the roller back on.
* Funnel works well; does not spill.
* Can use any liquid product.
* Oil change color.
* Rose quarts has a skin radiance boosting effect.

Cons:
* Smaller than I thought.
* Funnel looks cheap.
* Oil change color.
* Cannot notice the rose quartz when filled.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Sephora products reviewed/swatch:
Fiber Mask

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...