Friday, February 4, 2022

CoTZ Pure Botanicals & Minerals SPF 45 Tinted

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In November 2018, I went to The Makeup Show LA 2018.
Here are the products I either purchased or they gave away on the floor. I already reviewed Rude Notorious Liquid Lip Color in Bad to the Bones (middle), Sephora Polish Up Silicone Brush Cleansing Pad (bottom left), and CoTZ Face SPF 40 Natural - Tinted (bottom middle). For this post, I will review the sample sunscreen on the bottom middle that I received from CoTZ.
Product Review: CoTZ Pure Botanicals & Minerals SPF 45 Tinted

Where to purchase: ULTA and online at cotzskincare.com
Price: unknown for 0.18 oz/ 5 g

Ingredients:
Thoughts: After trying the other sunscreen from CoTZ, I was not too sure what to expect from this particular sunscreen. Then again I wanted to finish the products I have before purchasing new sunscreens.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and I did not smell anything whatsoever. Secondly, I only own the deluxe sample. I looked on the website and I did not see this product listed. It's either sold out or discontinued. I would think it's the second but I could be wrong. I will only talk about the deluxe sample I own. It's simple looking. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency. To be honest, the opening of the tube is so small that it was hard to squeeze the sunscreen. I had to cut the tube to use the product. With that said, it's easy to use. I dot all over the face and massage into the skin. It's light-weight, not greasy, not sticky, and it absorbs into the skin. It's not like a typical American sunscreen that lays on the skin. It's stinks into the skin, and works both UVA and UVB. I tend to look for sunscreens that absorbs rather than lay on top. I rather protect inside out not just outside. Also, sunscreens that lay on the skin tend to give a white cast. You do not need to worry with this particular sunscreen. Even though it says tinted, it does not look different from my skin color. I think it would be tinted if you are on the fair/pale side. I am about a little whiter than medium skin tone. Lastly, I would like to think it works. I believe in science and they have proven sunscreens protect the skin. I apply on my face and ears. Yes, I apply sunscreen on my ears. I have a tendency to get moles quickly. Sunscreens have helped me get less over the years. I definitely like this better than the other sunscreen from CoTZ that I tried. I hate tinted products but this one wasn't bad on my skin. I am skipping mostly for this reason. Protection-wise it is pretty decent.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Simple looking packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy consistency.
* Medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Light-weight.
* Not greasy.
* Not sticky.
* Absorbs into the skin.
* Does not lay on the skin.
* Protects inside out.
* Does not give a white cast.
* Not tinted if you are medium to darker skin tone.
* Help prevent getting moles.

Cons:
* I think it's discontinued.
* Hard to squeeze the product out of the tube.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other CoTZ products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...