Wednesday, February 23, 2022

derma e Scalp Relief Treatment

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Last year, February 2021, I received some hair products from derma e.
Here are the products I received. For this post, I will review the product in the middle.
Product Review: derma e Scalp Relief Treatment

Where to purchase: Target, ULTA, CVS, Whole Foods, Sprouts, and online at dermae.com
Price: $13.95 for 1 fl oz/ 30 mL

Made in USA

Description from the package: Stress-free scalp. Formulated with purifying Tea Tree Oil and cooling Menthol, this powerful, water-based scalp relief serum soothes dry, flakey and itchy scalp. Moisturizing Aloe Vera, Sea Kelp and adaptogen Amla Extracts, combined with our proprietary Herbal Blend (Neem, Burdock, and Bearberry), promote a balanced and hydrated scalp for optimal health.
Ingredients:
  • Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Purified Water, Glycerin, Olive Oil Glycereth-8 Esters, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Sea Kelp) Extract, Aphanizomenon Flos-Aquae (Blue Algae) Powder, Emblica Officinalis (Amla) Fruit Extract, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Leaf, Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract, Arctostaphylos Uva-Ursi (Bearberry) Leaf Extract, Fagara Zanthoxyloides Bark, Menthol, Methone Glycerin Acetal, Niacinamide, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower*, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract*, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract, Coptis Chinensis Root Extract, Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil, Mentha Piperita Leaf/Stem Oil, Caffeine, Epilobium Angustifolium (Willowherb) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Willow (Salix Alba) Bark Extract, Copper PCA, Leuconostoc /Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol.
  • Thoughts: I was not too sure about this product because I have never used these type of products. I decided to try it since I have itchy, dry scalp.

  • Here's a closer look inside the bottle. This is before shaking the bottle.
  • Here's a closer look after shaking the bottle.

  • Here's a closer look at the dropper.

  • Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.
Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a scent while using. It smells like peppermint. I just sniffed the product and it smells how it's applied. I actually don't mind the smell. I rather smell it than taste peppermint. For some reason, the taste of peppermint reminds me of toothpaste. Secondly, the packaging is adorable. It looks like a bigger version of a small dropper. With that said. it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. I would be careful, in the sense, of not breaking it. It is made out of glass but it would take a lot to break it. You also have full control of the dropper. You can squeeze as much as you want, as well as, squeeze out. The liquid does not drip out of the dropper unless you squeeze it out. Also, it's easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is liquidity with a slight look of oil. It doesn't feel like oil. I would say the consistency is medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to spread in your hair. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. After showering and towel drying the hair, I would comb my hair. Shake the bottle before using. You will see a mixture of the treatment and oil. It'll look like one solution than two. Then I would split a section on my head and squeeze a drop amount. With my fingers, I would spread the treatment until I do not feel the treatment on my fingers. I would split another section and do the same thing. I would this until I felt I applied all over the head. While doing so, it's very cooling. You can feel the coolness initially from the cold treatment. Then you feel cooling sensation coming from the Menthol. It lasts for a hour until the serum is dried. This cooling sensation feels good. It's not a tingling sensation you get from plumping lip products. This feels good on the head or at least for me. If you do not like this feeling and don't want it to last this long, you can apply less product. Another thing I noticed is that the roots of the hair has a weird feel compared to the rest of the hair. It feels kind of oily but brittle. It's a weird feeling but it only lasts for half the day. Because of that texture, the roots look greasy. The oil/grease weighs the hair down for half the day. Once you move on from this step, the hair looks good. I, personally, do not have dry scalp so I cannot speak on this behalf.
Lastly, I have been using this product for a month. There are times my head itches and it's not from dryness. I think it's more from oil. Since using this product, my head doesn't itch anymore. It could also just be mental but it looks better through my eyes. I am glad I got this product. I have never tried these type of products but I can see why people will use it.

Pros:
* Smells like peppermint.
* Adorable packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Full control of the dropper.
* Easy to hold.
* Liquidity consistency with slight look of oil.
* Medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Cooling.
* Hair looks good after you move on from the initial treatment.
* Head doesn't itch.
* Vegan.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Root feels oily but brittle.
* Roots look greasy.
* Weighs hair down.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other derma e products reviewed/swatch:
CREATE
UPLIFT
Skin De-Stress Calming CBD
Cleanser
Moisturizer
Serum
Tinted Moisturizing BB Cream SPF 30+ in Fair and Light
Vitamin C Concentrated Serum
Vitamin C Intensive Night Cream
Vitamin C Micellar Cleansing Water
Vitamin C Renewing Moisturizer

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...