Friday, February 18, 2022

rom&nd Better Than Palette in Mahogany Garden

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my own money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In October 2021, I made a beauty purchase on YesStyle.
Here are the products I got. For this post, I will review the eyeshadow palette from rom&nd on the top left.
Here's a closer look at all the rom&nd purchase I made. For this post, I will review the eyeshadow palette on the top left.

Where to purchase: online at romand.us and yesstyle.com
Price: around $19.80

Made in Korea

Description from the website: rom&nd's Secret Garden eyeshadow palettes provide remarkable contrast between dark and light shades for improved layerability. In #Mahogany Garden, you get an impressive spectrum or honey golds ranging from light beige to deep umber in matte and glittery finishes.
Ingredients:
Calcium Titanium Borosilicate, Talc, Mica (CI 77019)
Triethylhexanoin, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Nylon-12, Magnesium Myristate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Dimer Dilinoleate, Silica, Magnesium Stearate, Methylpropanediol, Propanediol, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Dimethicone, Tin Oxide (CI 77861), Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polybutene, Lauroyl Lysine, Water
Thoughts: I've seen few Korean YouTubers use this product. It intrigued my interest and decided to try it.
Here's a closer look at the eyeshadow palette.
Here's a closer look at one of the eyeshadow, Earthy Glam.
Here's a swatch of the top row on my hand from left to right; Dazzle Honey, Glaring Sun, Glazed Gold, Burny Brown, and Earthy Glam.
Here's a swatch of the bottom row on my hand from left to right; Cotton Beige, Soft Dream, Mildy Wood, Maroon Brown, and Deep Mahogany.

Look #1:
I applied Dazzle Honey on the lids and Soft Dream On the outer v.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with KVD Epic Kiss Nourishing Vegan Butter Lipstick in Lolita on the lips.

Look #2:
I applied Cotton Beige on the lids and Soft Dream on the outer v. I topped the middle with Glaring Sun.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with Rinna Beauty Lip Kit in Showstopper on the lips.

Look #3:
I applied Glazed Gold on the lids and Mildy Wood on the outer v.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with Peripera Ink Velvet in Rosy Nude on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while using. I just sniffed the product and there's no scent whatsoever. Secondly, the packaging is so cute. I think I was drawn to this product mainly for that reason. I swear Asian packaging can always sell to me. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The lid is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close, as well as, it makes a clicking noise. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. If you are looking for a palette that comes with a brush this isn't it. It comes with no applicators at all. Most Koreans use their fingers to apply eyeshadows or the sponge applicators. Using the finger isn't the most sanitary but I say do what works for you. Third, all the eyeshadows are soft in different degrees. The mattes are so creamy and buttery soft. It feels like butter in-between the fingers. The metallics are creamy and soft. I wouldn't say as soft as the mattes. The glitters are soft but you can feel the texture in-between the fingers. Even though they are soft, they are compacted. I barely saw loose powders on the palette. With that said, it's easy to use. I used a mixture of brushes and fingers to apply the eyeshadows onto my eyes. I noticed the brushes would not pick up the glitters. For that reason, I used my fingers when it came to the glitters. For the rest, mattes and metallic, I used a brush. It applied smoothly on the eyes. I am not too sure if I am using the wrong brushes, but I could not see the transition of the colors on the eyes. It just looked like one color and it wasn't appealing to me. Fourth, the colors are more on the golden side than I expected. I was thinking it would be more a neutral golden brown. Nevertheless, it's still a pretty palette. I think it'll bet great for fall and winter season. Pigmentation-wise I am mixed. When I swatch it with my fingers, it's so pigmented. When I apply it onto my lids, it's not as pigmented as I hoped. I don't know if it has to do with the brushes I am using. This palette might be better used with your fingers but I just don't want to. It's just cleaner to use brushes. Lastly, it lasts all day on me without creasing and fading. It looks like how I first applied it. I am glad I got to try this product. I have been curious about this particular eyeshadow palette. I do not know if I would purchase again in the future. I am just mixed. Maybe I need to play with this product more. The reviews on the website is good though.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Cute packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy lid; can feel a tight seal and makes a clicking noise when open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Soft eyeshadows.
* Compacted.
* Barely saw loose powders.
* Easy to use.
* Applied smoothly on the eyes.
* Great for fall and winter season.
* Pigmented while swatching.
* Does not crease.
* Does not fade.
* Lasted all day.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Does not come with a brush or an applicator.
* Brushes did not pick up the glitters.
* Could not see the transition of colors.
* Looked like one color on the eyes.
* Not pigmented when using the brush.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  2.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my own money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...