Wednesday, February 16, 2022

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In October 2018, I purchased one product from ULTA. I was fortunate to receive a gift bag and samples with my order.
Here's what I got. I already reviewed Anastasia Sultry Eye Shadow Palette (bottom) and philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser (top). For this post, I will review a deluxe sample from First Aid Beauty in the gift bag.
Here are the samples in the gift bag. I already reviewed philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser (top middle) For this post, I will review First Aid Beauty on the top middle.
Product Review: First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration

Where to purchase: ULTA, Sephora and online at firstaidbeauty.com
Price: $16 for 2 oz

Made in USA

Description from the website: A fast-absorbing, rich moisturizer that provides instant and long-term hydration for dry, distressed skin and eczema.

Award-winning Ultra Repair Cream is instantly absorbed for immediate relief for parched skin. Suitable for all skin types, even sensitive, and the whole family. Formulated with Colloidal Oatmeal, this soothing moisturizer leaves your skin feeling smooth, hydrated, and comfortable after just a single use.
Ingredients:
aqua (water, eau)stearic acidglycerinc12-15 alkyl benzoatecaprylic/capric triglycerideglyceryl stearate seglyceryl stearatecetearyl alcoholsqualanedimethiconebutyrospermum parkii (shea) buttercolloidal oatmealallantoinceramide npchrysanthemum parthenium (feverfew) extracteucalyptus globulus leaf oilglycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extractcamellia sinensis leaf extractcaprylyl glycolxanthan gumleuconostoc/radish root ferment filtratephenoxyethanoldisodium edtasodium hydroxideedta
Thoughts: After trying the other moisturizer from First Aid Beauty, I was not too sure if I wanted to try this product. On the other hand, I wanted to get rid of the samples I have.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. It's so light that it's hard to distinguish the smell. It's on the sweet side and herbal-like. I just sniffed the product and it smells like how it's applied. I, personally, don't mind the scent. It's not overwhelming and with time, I do not notice it anymore. Secondly, I do not own the full size. I have a deluxe sample and it looks like they sell a bigger version of the deluxe sample; the travel size. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it doesn't get absorbed into the skin. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency and great for all skin types. With that said, it's easy to use. After cleansing, serum, and eye cream; I use this product to hydrate the skin. It's light-weight, not sticky, not greasy, absorbs quickly, and leaves a soft texture. My skin feels calm and hydrated. With hydration, the skin improves with usage. I noticed my skin look more plump than before, as well as, the fine and thick lines are less noticeable. Lastly, it lasts all day on me. The other moisturizer from this brand did not hydrate my skin as time went on. I felt tightness after a few hours after moisturizing. You do not have to worry about that with this particular product. Not only that, I used it during this dry winter weather and my skin felt good. I am glad I got this product. I'm using it as a morning moisturizer and it has been helping me throughout the day. After I apply the moisturizer, I do not have to worry about my skin throughout the day. It's not my main focus.

Pros:
* Slight scent while applying.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open or close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy and medium consistency.
* Good for all skin types.
* Easy to use.
* Light-weight.
* Not sticky.
* Not greasy.
* Absorbs quickly.
* Leaves a nice, soft texture.
* Skin feels calm.
* Hydrating.
* Skin looks more plump.
* Less noticeable fine and thick lines.
* Lasts all day.
* Clean ingredients.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Wish it had a dewiness.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other First Aid Beauty reviewed/swatch:


Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...