Monday, March 23, 2020

Belif Witch Hazel Herbal Extract Toner

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Sorry I have not be consistent with blogging! Everything has been changing rapidly with this Coronavirus. In the past several days, I went from working from 8 - 4:30 p.m. to 3 - 11:30 p.m. for social distancing. Even though we are on a locked-down, I work in an essential service and still need to report. It has messed up my daily routine and body cannot seem to be taking this well. I cannot promise anything but I will try my best to be consistent.

With that said in March 2018, I went to Generation Beauty LA with a friend. Before we even got inside, they gave us our swag bag.

Here are the products inside the swag bag. I already reviewed derma e Nourishing Rose Cleansing Oil (top left), Kokie in Heavenly (top middle), Meg in Lovey Dovey, Gray (top middle), IBY Beauty Velour Liquid Lips in Flirt (bottom middle), Meg in Lovey Dovey, Nude (top middle), Soo Ae Donkey Milk Skin Gel Mask (top right), Lancome Advanced Genifique Hydrogel Melting Mask (top right), The Creme Shop Matcha Green Tea Face Mask (top right), and Buxom Big Tease Plumping Mascara (bottom right).
Here are the products I got throughout the day. I already reviewed Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara (bottom left), essence in amazed by you (middle left), Dirty Little Secret Lip Gloss in AF (bottom right), Meg Two Step Jelly Mask in Moisturizing & Vitalizing (top right), and Belif Moisturizing Eye Bomb (top middle). For this post, I will review the toner from Belif on the top middle.
I received deluxe samples from Belif in a bag. I already reviewed Belif Moisturizing Eye Bomb (left). For this post, I will review the toner on the right.
Product Review: Belif Witch Hazel Herbal Extract Toner

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at belifusa.com
Price: $28 for 6.75 oz/200 mL

Made in Korea

Description from the website: A toner formulated with witch hazel to hydrate dry, dull skin, leaving it hydrated, soothed, and balanced after cleansing.
Ingredients:
Water, Monarda Didyma Leaf Extract 8%, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat, Butylene Glycol, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Corchorus Olitorius Leaf Extract, Glycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Pentaerythirityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Hexyldecyl Ethylhexanoate, Poncirus Trifoliata Fruit Extract, Alcohol Denat, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract*, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract*, Nepeta Cataria Extract*, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Leaf Extract*, Baptisia Tinctoria Root Extract*, Stellaria Media (Chickweed) Extract*, Sodium Hyaluronate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Betaine, Tromethamine, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisodium EDTA, Fragrance**, Limonene. *Napiers Original Formula. **Fragrances of Natural Origin.
Thoughts: I'm a big fan of witch hazel and for this reason, I was excited to try this. Not only that, it's recommended for dry skin. That's a huge plus for me!
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. It smells sweet and floral. I just sniffed the product, and it smells how it's applied. It reminds me of shampoo and conditioner scents for some odd reason. I, personally, like the smell. Plus, it only lasts for a minute or two. Secondly, I don't own the full-size. I got a deluxe sample. From the website, it looks like the same packaging just smaller. I will base this from my deluxe sample. I like the packaging. It's simple and clean. It's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your bag. It's also easy to hold with one hand. I'm not too sure if the full-size has a hole in the opening or it comes with a pump. My deluxe sample has a hole and it makes it easy to pour. You have full control of the quantity you pour. Third, the consistency is medium. It's not liquidity like water. It's also not thick like a gel. It's a liquidity consistency that has some thickness to it. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. I just pour onto the palm of my hands. Then I pat it all over the face and neck. The first couple of times I used this product I poured the toner onto a cotton pad. The cotton pad soaked up the toner. When I applied the cotton pad onto my face, I did not feel anything. It could be mental but I did not feel any cooling sensation that you feel from a liquid. For that reason, I went with patting it onto my skin. Growing up I was told to use toner because it removes the leftover makeup left from cleaning with a cleanser. I don't know if it's true anymore. I believe you don't need this extra step in your skin care routine. I'm trying to finish the ones I own. I don't know if I will continue or not once I finish the ones I own. With that said, I do notice a difference with American toners versus Asian. Asian toners seal in hydration after cleansing, whereas, American is to clean. I think American will be great for oily skin, as well as, for people with acne. Since I have dry skin, Asian toners work better on my skin type. After cleansing, I apply directly while it's slightly wet. It seals in the moisture from the water, as well as, from the toner. I noticed when I go to my next routine which is to apply serum, I don't feel the tightness as I do with American toners. For this reason, I believe it's helping. It's light-weight, not greasy, not sticky, and extremely comfortable on the skin. Lastly, I'm glad I got this product. It feels nice on the skin. It also helps with the rest of the routine. My skin doesn't feel that dry and I use less products since it's hydrated. To be honest, the website recommends using it both mornings and nights. I only have been using it at nights for the reason I only cleanse at nights. I want to keep the oil that build up while sleeping since I have dry skin. I might use it in the mornings after I splash my face. It will help to hydrate as well.

Pros:
* Slight sweet and floral scent while applying.
* Simple and clean packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Full control of the quantity you pour.
* Medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Great for normal to dry skin individuals.
* Seals in hydration.
* No tightness.
* Light-weight.
* Not greasy.
* Not sticky.
* Comfortable.
* Feels nice on the skin.
* Helps with the rest of the routine.
* Hydrating.
* Use less products.

Cons:
* Cotton pad soaks up the toner.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Belif products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...