Monday, March 16, 2020

Hot Tools 1 1/4" Salon Curling Iron/ Wand - 24k Gold

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In April 2019, I wanted to take advantage of ULTA 15% off discount.

Here are the products I got. I already reviewed Dose of Colors Liquid Matte Lipstick in Bow-Tiful (bottom right). For this post, I will review the hair tool from Hot Tools on the top.
Product Review: Hot Tools 1 1/4" Salon Curling Iron/ Wand - 24k Gold

Where to purchase: ULTA, Sephora, and online at hottools.com
Price: $49.99

Made in China

Description from online: Hot Tools 1/ 1/4" 24K Gold Curling Iron / Wand with a 24K Gold Barrel surface crates beautiful curls and long lasting defined hair styles. Pulse Technology - Every Hot Tools iron Gets Hot... Stays Hot due to electronic heating systems and powerful heating capacity. The system quickly diagnoses heat loss and restores it to the heating surface, reducing styling time increasing hold improving shine due to improved cuticle closure.

* Rheostat control dial with variable heat settings up to 430° F
* Pulse Technology - Gets Hot... Stays Hot
* Fast heat-up
* Soft Touch handle provides comfortable grip
* 24k Gold barrel surface
* Separate On / Off switch
* Foldaway safety stand
* "On" indicator light
* 8 ft. Professional swivel cord
* 7-Year Warranty
Thoughts: Whenever I get my hair done, the hairstylist would curl my hair at the end and it comes out beautiful. For some reason, it never looked the same for me when I do it. She recommended I try this brand. I decided to purchase and it doesn't hurt it's InStyle's Best Beauty Buys in 2015.
Here's a closer look at the products inside the packaging.
Here's a closer look at the barrel.
Here's a closer look at the flipper.
Here's a closer look at the thumb grip.
Here's a closer look at the foldaway safety stand.
Here's a closer look at the control dial.
Here's a closer look at swivel cord.
Here's a closer look at how long the cord is.
Here's a closer look at the cord that you plug in.
Here's a closer look at the additional springs.
Here's how my hair looks after curling.
Here's an overall hairstyle after curling.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I like the packaging. It comes in a sturdy box. If you buy it online, the thickness of the packaging will protect the curling iron. Actually, I know it is protected. I purchased mine online and it came in perfect condition. I also like the tool. I wasn't too sure about the gold wand. I like silver better than gold, in the sense, it looks cleaner to me. Even though gold wasn't my first choice, it grew on me. I like it a lot now. I also like that everything else is black. It's simple, clean, and looks professional. It does not come in a bag unfortunately. You need to store it in something or you can just leave it as it is. I like putting my tools in a bag/ case to protect it while traveling. I am strange in that way. Even though it does not come in a bag, it is travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your bag and case. It's also easy to hold with one hand. It has a good weight. It's not too heavy that it's hard to hold. Secondly, I've used this curling iron several times now since I got it. I don't curl my hair that often. I do it when I have time. Before talking about my experience with the curling iron, let me tell you a little bit about my hair. I have super straight hair that did not hold curls that well. After coloring/ damaging my hair, it holds better and longer. With that said after plugging the hair curler and turning it on, I was impressed how quickly it warmed up. I would say couple of minutes and you can feel the warmth. Please don't touch the wand! I curled a little at the end to see if it's warm or not. I also used the foldaway stand to hold the curler from touching the bathroom counter. I do not want to ruin the counter because I was trying to beautified myself. Once it got warmed enough to my liking, I curled my hair. I will not get into details how I curl my hair. I am the least experienced person when it comes to doing something with the hair. There was couple of things I noticed and liked. I like that the switch was easy to maneuver, as well as, it didn't move. It is extremely sturdy. It also has a light that shows when it's on. Even though you think you turned the switch off, you never know since we are human. We make mistakes. Knowing there's a light that tells us it is on or off makes me feel safe. Another thing I like is the swivel cord. I hate when the cords get twisted and knowing there's a swivel cord that moves while curling is a huge plus for me! Speaking of cords, it's also long enough to move around the head. I like that I can curl the back of my head without rearranging my body to adjust to the length of the cord. It's the last thing you want to worry about while curling. The final thing is the extra-long thumb grip. I am really clumsy and I have burned myself in the past curling my hair. I think I still have the burn mark on my wrist. I just looked and it's still there, but it's very minimal. That might be another reason I don't curl my hair that often. I think it's pretty to have curly hair but my last burn hurt. It was extremely painful and took months to heal. With that said, that was an old curler that I stopped using after I burned myself. Since I've been using this curler, I have not burned or even felt a slight touch of hotness. There could be two reasons. It's safety friendly or I'm being more cautious after my experience. It can also be both. Also, the flipper is hair friendly. I have used the flipper and my hair has not once got stuck. I hate when the curling iron yanks the hair. It's not a great feeling and this particular hair curler has not done it. Lastly, the curls lasted all day and the next. Of course, the next day isn't that curled as the first but it looks pretty damn good. I'm glad I got this product. I'm not the best at curling my hair. If I can do it, I believe anyone can. Not only that if it's safe for someone who gets into accidents that often, then it's safe for everyone!

Pros:
* Comes in a sturdy box.
* Comes with a 24k gold wand.
* Black handles; looks simple, clean, and professional looking.
* Travel-friendly.
* Can hold with one hand; not too heavy.
* Warms up quickly.
* Comes with a foldaway stand.
* Sturdy switch.
* A light sensor that tells us when it's on or off.
* Comes with a swivel cord.
* Long cord.
* Extra-long thumb grip.
* Safety friendly.
* Flipper is hair friendly.
* Lasted all day and the next.

Cons:
* Does not come with a bag.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...