Monday, April 29, 2019

The Creme Shop Matcha Green Tea Face Mask

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In March 2018, I went to Generation Beauty LA with a friend. Before we even got inside, they gave us our swag bag.

Here are the products inside the swag bag. I already reviewed derma e Nourishing Rose Cleansing Oil (top left), Kokie in Heavenly (top middle), Meg in Lovey Dovey, Gray (top middle), IBY Beauty Velour Liquid Lips in Flirt (bottom middle), Meg in Lovey Dovey, Nude (top middle), Soo Ae Donkey Milk Skin Gel Mask (top right), and Lancome Advanced Genifique Hydrogel Melting Mask (top right). For this post, I will review the mask from The Creme Shop on the top right.
Here are the products I got throughout the day. I already reviewed Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara (bottom left), essence in amazed by you (middle left), Dirty Little Secret Lip Gloss in AF (bottom right), and Meg Two Step Jelly Mask in Moisturizing & Vitalizing (top right).

Where to purchase: ULTA and online at thecremeshop.com
Price: $3 for 0.88 oz/ 25 g

Made in Korea

Description from the package: The Creme Shop's matcha green tea face mask contains pulverized and concentrated tea leaf to reveal breathtakingly pure skin. Rich in antioxidants, chlorophyll, and antibiotics, match protects the skin from sun damage and other environmental pollutants to keep skin youthful and radiant.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: I've seen this brand for years but I never thought anything of it. For the last several months, I've been seeing this brand everywhere I go. For this reason, I've been intrigued.
Here's a closer look at the sheet mask.
Here's how the mask looks on me.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while using. I just sniffed the product and there's a slight scent. It smells more like a light fragrance that's on the floral side. Secondly, the packaging is nice. The individual packaging matches with the theme of green tea; light-green and green. Not only that, it's thick enough that it will not rip. With that said, the sheet mask itself is alright. There are positives and negatives. The first thing I noticed while taking it out of the individual packaging is the color. It looks like the sheet was soaked in coffee or tea. Most likely it'll probably be tea to match the green tea. I guess it's a good thing; in the sense, it's natural. I just didn't like the color. It's all mental. It just didn't look clean. The next I noticed is the thickness of the sheet. It's in-between medium to thick. Since it's not thin, it was easy to unfold without the fear of ripping. The last thing I noticed about the sheet mask is the dimension. It's wide and long which I prefer. I rather cover everything than miss some parts. If it fits my wide face, I'm sure it will fit everyone's face shape. The dimension of the nose is good, wide, but I'm not too sure why it's cut straight horizontal at the tip. We all have a point or at least I know I do. With that said, I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. Third, the consistency is moist. When I took the sheet mask out of the individual package, it was wet to the point I felt some dripping on my face while applying. I highly recommend applying it while in the bathroom. With that said, it's easy to use. I just flatten it around my face. Since it's so moist, it doesn't fall off the face. You don't have to worry and you can do other things while masking. From the direction on the back, it says to mask for 15-20 minutes. I actually masked for 30 minutes. I'm just used to masking for this amount of time. I noticed it's hydrating and my face absorbed the moisture from the mask. The mask didn't completely dry out so you don't have to worry about that. Once I took the mask off, I notice the complexion looked evenly and smooth. Since it's so hydrating, I did not see any fine and thick lines. It looked youthful and alert. This mask will be great for individual usage, as well as, for professionals. Professionals can apply the mask to their clients before they do their makeup. It'll make applying makeup easier. With that said, I used the leftover essence from the package on my neck and chest. Lastly, my skin looked good the next morning. The complexion still looked evenly but the thick lines started to peak through. I just need to be better at masking. I'm glad I got to try this mask. It's a good one and great for all skin types.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while using.
* Individual packaging matches the theme of green tea; light-green and green.
* Possibly soaked in tea to get the color.
* In-between medium to thick thickness; can unfold without the fear of ripping.
* Wide and long dimension; covers all parts of the skin.
* Wide dimension on the nose.
* Travel-friendly.
* Moist consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Sheet mask doesn't fall off the skin.
* Can do other things while masking.
* Hydrating.
* Skin absorbed the essence.
* Complexion looked evenly.
* Skin looked smooth.
* It diminished fine and thick lines.
* Skin looked youthful and alert.
* Great for professionals.
* Used leftover essence on other parts of the body.

Cons:
* The color of the sheet was not attractive.
* Cut straight horizontal on the tip of the nose.
* Can get messy while applying.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...