Friday, July 13, 2018

Dirty Little Secret Lip Gloss in AF

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In March 2018, I went to Generation Beauty LA with a friend. Before we even got inside, they gave us our swag bag.

Here are the products inside the swag bag. I already reviewed derma e Nourishing Rose Cleansing Oil (top left), Kokie in Heavenly (top middle), Meg in Lovey Dovey, Gray (top middle), IBY Beauty Velour Liquid Lips in Flirt (bottom middle), Meg in Lovey Dovey, Nude (top middle), and Soo Ae Donkey Milk Skin Gel Mask (top right).
Here are the products I got throughout the day. I already reviewed Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara (bottom left) and essence in amazed by you (middle left). For this post, I will review the lip gloss from Dirty Little Secret on the bottom right.
Here are the Dirty Little Secret products I received that day. For this post, I will review the lip gloss on the bottom.
Product Review: Dirty Little Secret Lip Gloss in AF

Where to purchase: online at shopdirtylittlesecret.com
Price: $14 for 3.2 g/ 0.1 oz

Made in China

Description from the website: 1/2 of the Sadia Slayy Gloss Collab Now sold as a Single!

These glosses were custom designed by beauty sensation @SadiaSlayy, everything from the design of her custom packaging and gloss colors down to the texture and smell. Sadia wanted to create a versatile product, so these colors can be worn separately or mixed together for that perfect glossy nude. Warning: Glosses will make you feel extra AF.

* Non sticky
* High shine
* Softens lips
* Lightweight
* No drip
* Keeps lips hydrated and moisturized
* Opaque with High color pay off
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: When I checked out the brand booth, they swatch both glosses from the Sadia Slayy Gloss Collab. I choose AF over the other gloss.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the applicator.
Here's a swatch of the gloss on my hand.
Here's how the gloss looks on me.
Here's an overall look. I have Profusion Mixed Metals Eyes & Lips Kit in Peach on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. It's on the sweet, fruity side. Honestly, it smells like lychee. I just sniffed the product and it smells the same while applying. The scent lasts for several minutes while on the lips. After awhile, you get used to the scent. I, personally, like the smell but that's me. Secondly, the packaging is cute and it stands out. While looking through my collection, I kept starring at this product mainly for the packaging. I love the light pink polka dots. With that said, it's well-made but I wouldn't completely say it's sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic but it feels slightly cheap. The top is slightly sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. The reason why I say it feels slightly cheap is how the top turns. It makes a slight noise that isn't normal when it turns. It also feel strange while turning. I hope I made sense. Who knows I might have gotten a bad batch. Also, it's small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's easy to hold with one hand. The doe foot applicator is the typical applicator that is slanted on one side of the tip. It's easy to outline the lips and fill in the remaining. Third, the consistency is on the medium. It's not too thick that it feels heavy on the lips. It's also not too thin that it runs everywhere. It's a good consistency. To be honest, it doesn't even feel like I'm applying lip gloss. It feels like I'm applying liquid lipstick. It has that consistency but it doesn't dry like liquid lipstick. With that said, it does slightly tug on the lips. The reason why it tugs on the lips is the quantity the doe foot applicator grabs. It doesn't grab much. I have to re-dip multiple times to apply on the lips. Once it's on the lips, it feels like lip gloss or more so like a lip balm. It's not sticky whatsoever but you can feel a texture on the lips. Fourth, the color is pretty. It's on the neutral side. It's more like my lips but better type of color with shine. It leaves a nice, soft glossy look. Thankfully, there's no glitter whatsoever. It'll be great all year round. Pigmentation-wise it's not up there. I would say it gives color to the lips but if you want vibrant color, you really need to layer it on. It took me several layers for the gloss to turn out this color. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth after eating. For this reason, most colors don't last long on me. With that said, it's light-weight and comfortable. It's also not drying. I did not see any white residue on the center of the lips. I'm glad I got this. I forgot how much I like lip gloss. I cannot see wearing anything but liquid lipstick during the weekday. I hate seeing lipstick marks on my water canister. For this reason, I only wear liquid lipsticks at work. On weekends, I love every type of lip products. I don't worry about staining cups whatsoever. This one will be great for the weekend!

Pros:
* Slight sweet, fruity scent while applying.
* Cute, light pink polka dots packaging.
* Well-made packaging.
* Slightly sturdy top; feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Slanted on one side of the tip of the applicator; easy to outline and fill in the remaining.
* Medium consistency.
* Not sticky whatsoever.
* Feels like lip balm.
* Pretty, my lips but better color.
* Leaves a nice, slightly glossy color.
* No glitters whatsoever.
* Great all year round.
* Light-weight.
* Comfortable.
* Not drying.
* Lasted until I ate.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Slightly cheap packaging.
* Slightly tug on the lips.
* Need to re-dip multiple times for one application on the lips.
* Not pigmented.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...