Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Buxom Big Tease Plumping Mascara

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In March 2018, I went to Generation Beauty LA with a friend. Before we even got inside, they gave us our swag bag.

Here are the products inside the swag bag. I already reviewed derma e Nourishing Rose Cleansing Oil (top left), Kokie in Heavenly (top middle), Meg in Lovey Dovey, Gray (top middle), IBY Beauty Velour Liquid Lips in Flirt (bottom middle), Meg in Lovey Dovey, Nude (top middle), Soo Ae Donkey Milk Skin Gel Mask (top right), Lancome Advanced Genifique Hydrogel Melting Mask (top right), and The Creme Shop Matcha Green Tea Face Mask (top right). For this post, I will review the mascara from Buxom on the bottom middle.
Here are the products I got throughout the day. I already reviewed Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara (bottom left), essence in amazed by you (middle left), Dirty Little Secret Lip Gloss in AF (bottom right), and Meg Two Step Jelly Mask in Moisturizing & Vitalizing (top right).

Where to purchase: ULTA and online at buxomcosmetics.com
Price: $16 for 0.37 oz/ 10 mL

Made in Italy

Description from the website: Big Tease Plumping Mascara provides instantly plumped lashes, delivering maximum volume, and noticeably longer lashes for a full and flirty look. A blend of 3 high-performing and perfectly calibrated waxes delivers a smooth and creamy application experience, while the conical-shaped brush works with chiseled-tip fibers to build base-to-tip intensity. Smudge and flake resistant, Ophthalmologist tested, and long-wearing.

In a US consumer study of forty-nine women:
* 98% saw instantly plumped lashes
* 95% saw noticeably longer lashes
* 9 out of 10 would recommend this mascara to a friend

Based on a 1 week US consumer study of 49 women after 25 strokes of application of the mascara on the lashes of each eye.
Ingredients:
Water (Aqua/Eau), Synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Acacia Senegal Gum, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Pentylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Polybutene, Palmitic Acid, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba/Cire De Carnauba), Glycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Cellulose, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Aminomethyl Propanol, PVP, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Black 2 (Nano) (CI 77266).
Thoughts: I was curious to try a mascara from this brand.
Here's a closer look at the wand.
Here's how the mascara looks on me.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with Anastasia Sultry Eye Shadow Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and it has a slight vanilla scent. Secondly, I don't own the full size mascara. I received a deluxe sample. From the picture on the website, it looks like same packaging but I'm not 100% sure. For this reason, I will review the deluxe sample size only. It's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top. I also can hear a clicking noise when I pull the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also small enough to hold with one hand. Going back to the top, it's not a typical mascara where you spin the top to open and close. You just pull and push. It's that easy. The wand is small at the tip and it gets bigger as you get closer to the handle. The tip makes it easier to apply on the shorter lashes like the inner and the bottom. The bigger part of the wand makes it easier to coat the lashes to the tip. Because of the shape of the wand, it makes it easy to use. Third, the consistency is medium. It's not to thick that it's hard to apply on the lashes. It's also not to thin that it runs while applying. It's a good consistency and easy to apply on the lashes. With that said, it's easy to use. It darkens and coats the lashes. Once it dries, the lashes are separate and not clumped together. Since it's not waterproof, I do see the lashes fall while applying. It doesn't keep the lashes curled. If you are blessed with curled lashes, it would keep it up. Since having Asian lashes, I need to curl them. I use mascara to hold the lashes up but unfortunately, this falls half-way. Not only that, my lashes do not look longer. The length looks the same as my normal length lashes. It does give me slight plumper look, but not to the point it's full and voluminous. Lastly, it lasts all day without smudging and fading. I'm glad I got to try this product. It isn't my type of mascara. I believe there are better ones in the market, but there are a lot of good reviews on the website.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while applying.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close, as well as, a clicking noise when you pull the top.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Easy to pull and close.
* Easy to use because of the shape of the wand.
* Medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Darkens the lashes.
* Lashes are separate.
* Does not clump.
* Slight plump to the lashes.
* Does not smudge.
* Does not fade.

Cons:
* Lashes fall.
* Lashes do not look longer.
* Not full and voluminous.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  2.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Buxom products reviewed/swatch:
PlumpLine Lip Liner

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...