Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Meg Two Step Jelly Mask in Moisturizing & Vitalizing

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In March 2018, I went to Generation Beauty LA with a friend. Before we even got inside, they gave us our swag bag.

Here are the products inside the swag bag. I already reviewed derma e Nourishing Rose Cleansing Oil (top left), Kokie in Heavenly (top middle), Meg in Lovey Dovey, Gray (top middle), IBY Beauty Velour Liquid Lips in Flirt (bottom middle), Meg in Lovey Dovey, Nude (top middle), Soo Ae Donkey Milk Skin Gel Mask (top right), and Lancome Advanced Genifique Hydrogel Melting Mask (top right).
Here are the products I got throughout the day. I already reviewed Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara (bottom left), essence in amazed by you (middle left), and Dirty Little Secret Lip Gloss in AF (bottom right). For this post, I will review the mask from Meg on the top right.
Here are the two Meg products I got that day. I already reviewed the polish Meg in Lovey Dovey, Gray (right) and Meg in Lovey Dovey, Nude (right). For this post, I will review the mask on the left.

Where to purchase: online at megcosmetics.com
Price: $6 for 1.5 mL/ 0.05 fl oz Step 1 and 33 mL/ 1.11 fl oz Step 2

Made in Korea

Description from the website: A two-step jelly mask kit that moisturizes and vitalizes the skin for an improved complexion.

[STEP 1] - AHA Peeling Swab (9% Lactic Acid)

[STEP 2] - This moisturizing sheet mask is enriched with Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Viola Tricolor Extract which help to instantly moisturize and soothe the skin, and Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract rich in nutrients. Keeps skin feeling calm and revitalized to minimize dull and rough skin.

AMF (Artificial Moisturizing Factor) - consisting of nanoparticles that has the ability to slow down moisture evaporation - guarantees 120 hours of moisture maintenance for the skin.
Ingredients:
STEP 1. Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Lactic Acid (9%), Glycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract,  1,2-Hexanediol,  Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract,  Glyceryl Caprylate,  Ethylhexylglycerin,  Salicylic Acid,  Disodium EDTA

STEP 2. Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Polyacrylic Acid, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Glyceryl Caprylate, Potassium Hydroxide, Cellulose Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sea Water, Xylitylglucoside, Viola Tricolor Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Anhydroxylitol, Xylitol, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Glucose, BHT, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Myosotis Sylvatica Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance

Thoughts: To be honest, I wasn't too sure what the two step masking was about until I tried it. I don't know if it's the future or not.
Here's a closer look at the swab of Step 1. Per website, "use the AHA Peeling Swab to swab your face starting from the core of your face. Focus on Nose and T-zone areas."
Here's the peeling swab on the left compared to a regular size Q-tip on the right.
Here's a closer look at the sheet mask from Step 2. Per website, "the essence Jelly mask and apply it over your entire face while avoiding eyes and mouth area. Remove mask after 10-20 minutes and gently massage with your fingertips to absorb any remaining essence."
Here's how the mask looks on me.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I don't remember any scent when I used the swab from Step 1. The sheet mask from Step 2 had a slight scent that lasted couple of minutes. I remember it smelled like floral while using. I just sniffed both Step 1 and Step 2, and the sheet mask from Step 2 is only one with a scent. It does smell floral. Secondly, I like the packaging. I also think it's unique that the packaging comes in two parts. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. Both Step 1 and Step 2 are packaged in a thick plastic. Also, it's not easy to separate the two parts unless you fold right down the folding area. Then it becomes easier to separate Step 1 from Step 2. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. Plus, it's great to take with you for personal and professional reasoning. It'll be great mask to apply on a client before you do their makeup. The makeup will apply easier. Now for the swab, I was blown away how huge it is. That's the first thing that came to mind. I had to compare it to a Q-tip. The swab is four times bigger than the normal Q-tip. It's kind of hard to tell from the picture. Since the swab is so big, it's easy to apply all over the face. Honestly since I have dry skin, I only focused on my nose area and the cheek area close to the nose. I didn't do other parts of the face. Now for the sheet mask, it felt different than most sheet masks I have tried. I will get into that later. The dimension of the sheet mask is alright. The width and the length of the chin fit well on my wide face. I, personally, like bigger masks than small ones. I rather cover everything than miss. The forehead especially on the corners was shorter than I like. The dimension of the nose is alright as well. The width fit perfectly on my wide nose. The length which is cut straight across horizontally which I don't know why was slightly short. We have a tip. The thickness of the mask is on the thick side. I didn't have to worry about unfolding carefully. It unfolded easily and it was easy to place on the skin. Third, the consistency of the swab is liquidity. It's not so liquidity it's dripping everywhere. To be honest, you notice the swab is soak but it doesn't look like it. I did not feel anything while applying on the nose and the cheek area close to the nose. I went over several times because I was not too sure if it's applying onto my skin. The consistency of the mask is unique. Now I understand why they call it jelly. It honestly felt like jelly not the typical essence you find in a lot of sheet masks. It has that gel-like feeling while applying the mask, as well as, when you touch the essence. With that said, it's easy to use. Fourth and after taking the mask off, I noticed my face glowed not in the brightening sense. It just looked more alive and hydrated. I also noticed no wrinkles, fine and thick. It just looked youthful and alive. One of the reason why I choose this mask over others I have is that I thought Step 1 would help with my acne. It's that time of the month and I have getting acne around my nose. The acne didn't diminish but it definitely looked smaller. I can tell it felt different in the sense when you first get acne, it feels deep in the skin. After masking, it felt small and I didn't feel the sensation deep in the skin. I hope that makes sense. Lastly, I'm glad I got to use this mask. I checked my nose closely the next day and the blackheads look less noticeable. The acne looks less as well. My skin wasn't perfect but it looked healthier even the next morning. I definitely recommend this mask if you want hydration, as well as, less noticeable pores.

Pros:
* No scent with the swab.
* Slight floral scent with the sheet mask that lasted couple of minutes.
* Well-made and sturdy, unique two part packaging.
* Travel-friendly.
* Great for personal, as well as, professional.
* Huge swab easy to apply all over the face.
* Dimension of the sheet mask fit good width-wise and the length of the chin.
* Width of the nose fit my wide nose.
* Thick sheet mask; easy to unfold.
* Liquidity swab.
* Jelly-like essence.
* Easy to use.
* Face glowed.
* Skin looked alive and hydrated.
* Diminish wrinkles both fine and thick.
* Skin looked youthful.
* Acne got smaller and did not feel the sensation deep in the skin.
* Less noticeable blackheads and pores.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Sheet mask did not cover the corners of my hairline.
* The tip of the nose was cut horizontally.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4 Tobey's Paws


Other Meg products reviewed/swatch:
Nail Polish

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...