Monday, March 30, 2020

philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In October 2018, I purchased one product from ULTA. I was fortunate to receive a gift bag and samples with my order.

Here's what I got. I already reviewed Anastasia Sultry Eye Shadow Palette (bottom). For this post, I will review a deluxe sample from philosophy in the gift bag.
Here are the samples in the gift bag. For this post, I will review philosophy on the top middle.
Product Review: philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser

Where to purchase: ULTA and online at philosophy.com
Price: $24 for 8 oz

Made in USA

Description from the website:
What It Does: Our award-winning facial cleanser is loved by all for its multitasking, 3-in-1 approach to cleansing. Formulated with meadowfoam seed oil that helps lightly hydrate, leaving the skin comfortable, not pulled or tight, also formulated with a twelve-essential oils blend (including rosewood, sandalwood, sage) that helps soften, soothe, and rejuvenate the skin. Our best face wash leaves skin feeling perfectly clean, comfortable and balanced, find purity made simple facial cleanser, the #1 facial cleanser in America!

* deep cleans pores & eliminates makeup build-up
* hydrates as it melts away makeup
* natural oil extracts help condition skin
* fragrance-free formula

Recommended For: all skin types
Benefits: cleansing & make-up removal, pores
Awards: 10 year allure readers choice, qvc beauty awards 2018
Ingredients:
water, sodium lauroamphoacetate, sodium trideceth sulfate, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, coco-glucoside, coconut alcohol, peg-120 methyl glucose dioleate, glycerin, carbomer, isopropyl alcohol, polysorbate 20, citric acid, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, aniba rosaeodora (rosewood) wood oil, propylparaben, triethanolamine, amyris balsamifera bark oil, bulnesia sarmientoi wood oil, cymbopogon martini oil, pelargonium graveolens flower oil, rosa centifolia flower oil, santalum album (sandalwood) oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) seed oil, mimosa tenuiflora bark extract, ormenis multicaulis oil, piper nigrum (pepper) fruit oil, salvia sclarea (clary) oil, fd&c yellow no. 5 (ci 19140).
Thoughts: I first heard about this product on YouTube. Ever since then I've been wanting to try, but I want to finish the cleansers I have. For this reason, I'm never purchase and was excited to receive a deluxe sample. Now I can find out what is the talk about this product.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a swatch of the cleanser on a cotton pad.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while squeezing out of the container. You don't notice the smell until you start rubbing it into your skin. That's the strongest you will smell, and it only lasts for several seconds. Even though it's the strongest, it's on the light side. It's a very similar scent that I have smelled multiple of times. It took me awhile but it smells like some of belif products. It's on the sweet and floral scent. I also believe I have smelled it a lot of liquid soaps but that I'm not too sure. I just sniffed the product and it's smells how it's used. I, personally, like the smell. Secondly, I don't own the full-size. I can only speak about the deluxe sample I received. From the website, the fuller size looks more sturdier than the deluxe sample. I've always like the packaging of philosophy. It looks clean and the wordings attract me to read. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of plastic that you can squeeze. The top is also sturdy. The deluxe sample has a flip open top. From the website, the full-size either has a top that you take off or a flip that opens a little. I'm not too sure. I can feel a tight seal, as well as, a clicking noise when I flip open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. You do have full control of the quantity you squeeze, but I find it kind of hard to squeeze the product out of the container. It takes some effort for the product to go to the top. I hope that's not the case with the full-size. Third, the consistency is creamy and medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work into the skin. It's also not too thin that it runs while massaging into the skin. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. I wet my face then I squeeze a dime size on the palm of my hand. Then I massage on my face. It easily lathers and create a thin layer. You can the see the product on the face. I like seeing the product on the skin. Once you clean it off, you can see it and feel it. Then I rinse the face and it leaves a nice, smooth skin. It's not harsh on my dry skin. I do not feel any tightness with this product. Some cleansers really clean my face to the point it's so tight. You do not have to worry with this product. It's extremely comfortable and will be great on all skin types. The description says it hydrates while using. To be honest, I do not know since I moisturize right after. Also, it says it cleans makeup and dirt off the skin. That's another thing I do not know since I remove my makeup with oil beforehand. Going back to squeezing a dime size, a little goes a long way with this product. Lastly, I'm glad I got to try this product. I really need to test this with makeup to see if it really does remove. I'm just used to my skin care routine without thinking. It's just natural. The reviews on the website are amazing. So many people recommend this product. Per reviews, it's great for people with sensitive skin.

Pros:
* Light, sweet, and floral scent.
* Clean packaging with words that attract.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Study top; can feel a tight seal and a clicking noise when you flip open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Full control of the quantity you sqeeze.
* Creamy and medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Easily lathers.
* Can see the product while using.
* Leaves a nice, smooth skin.
* Not harsh on the skin.
* Do not feel tightness.
* Comfortable.
* For all skin types.
* A little goes a long way.

Cons:
* Kind of hard to squeeze the product out.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...