Friday, March 13, 2020

Smashbox Be Legendary Lipsticks in Audition, Famous, Stylist Matte, Bing Matte, and Screen Queen Matte

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

When I visited ULTA end of 2018, I saw this lipstick set from Smashbox.

Product Review: Smashbox Be Legendary Lipsticks in Audition, Famous, Stylist Matte, Bing Matte, and Screen Queen Matte

Where to purchase: Sephora, ULTA, and online at smashbox.com
Price: $21 for 0.1 oz/ 3 g

Made in Canada

Description from the website: A collection of moisturizing cream lipsticks and 10-hour, long wear matte lipsticks that are vitamin-rich and glide on saturated color in one swipe.
Ingredients:
Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Oleic/Linoleic/Linolenic Polyglycerides, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Pvp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Diisostearyl Malate, Polyethylene, Polydecene, Polybutene, Cetyl Lactate, Synthetic Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Bran) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D’Abeille, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Synthetic Beeswax, Ceramide 3, Cholesterol, Octyldodecanol, Potassium Sulfate, Alumina, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Silica, Oleic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Flavor (Aroma), Vanillin, [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Carmine (Ci 75470), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Red 21 (Ci 45380), Red 6 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360), Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985)] <ILNILN38430>
Thoughts: When I saw this product, I thought it was a good deal that I could not refuse. Also, I have never tried this line from Smashbox. It gave me a chance.
Here's a closer look at the packaging. The top is the full-size. The rest are mini.
Here's a closer look at the color of the full-size Audition.
Here's a closer look at the color of Famous.
Here's a closer look at the color of  Stylist Matte.
Here's a closer look at the color of Bing Matte.
Here's a closer look at the color of Screen Queen Matte.
Here's a closer look at the full quantity of mini-size on the left, Famous, and full-size on the right, Audition.
Here's a swatch of the lipsticks on my hand from left to right; Audition, Famous, Stylist Matte, Bing Matte, and Screen Queen Matte.
Here's how Audition looks on me.
Here's an overall look with MAC Electric Wonder Eyeshadow Palette in Desert Lightening on the eyes.
Here's how Famous looks on me.
Here's an overall look with MAC Electric Wonder Eyeshadow Palette in Desert Lightening on the eyes.
Here's how Stylist Matte looks on me.
Here's an overall look with MAC Electric Wonder Eyeshadow Palette in Desert Lightening on the eyes.
Here's how Bing Matte looks on me.
Here's an overall look with MAC Electric Wonder Eyeshadow Palette in Desert Lightening on the eyes.
Here's how Screen Queen Matte looks on me.
Here's an overall look with MAC Electric Wonder Eyeshadow Palette in Desert Lightening on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed all the lipsticks and some have light scent. Stylist Matte and Screen Queen Matte has a waxy smell to it but it's very minimal. I had to sniff hard to smell it. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple, black, and very clean looking.  It's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of plastic. The mini-size is more plasticity than the full-size. To be honest, the mini-size looks and feels cheap. The full-size, on the other hand, is better made. It also has a slight coolness when you touch it. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal and makes a clicking noise when you open and close. Again, the full-size feels better when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. I found the cream lipsticks, Audition and Famous, easier to apply than the mattes. Even though the cream lipsticks are easier, they both glide on and do not tug on the lips. With that said, it's easy to use. Audition and Famous have slight shine but all of them don't have glitters. I found Famous streaky. I noticed a lot of light colors tend to be. You just need to layer to smooth it out. Bing Matte and Screen Queen Matte will show your imperfections. For this reason, I highly recommend exfoliating and hydrating before applying these lipsticks. They are lightweight, not greasy, and not sticky at all. It feels good on the lips. Fourth, the selection of colors are wide range and nice. Audition, Famous, and Stylist Matte are good all year round. They are also good for the work environment. Bing Matte and Screen Queen Matte will be great for fall and winter, as well as, the night out. Pigmentation-wise they are pigmented. It's not the most pigmented but it is up there. All of them except Famous, I used one layer. I did couple of layers for Famous to show on my skin. Lastly, they lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, they don't last that long on me. If you don't wipe your mouth, it should last longer. It's comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I got to try these. I can see myself wearing Audition, Famous, and Stylist Matte. I, personally, thought I would like Audition the most but I ended up liking Stylist Matte. It just looked good on my skin tone.

Pros:
* No scent while applying.
* Simple, black, clean looking packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Full-size has a coolness when you touch the packaging.
* Sturdy top; tight seal and a clicking noise when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy and medium consistency.
* Cream lipsticks are easier to apply.
* Glides on.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Lightweight.
* Not greasy.
* Not sticky.
* Audition, Famous, and Stylist Matte are good all year round and at work.
* Bing Matte and Screen Queen Matte are great for fall and winter and night out.
* Pigmented.
* Comfortable.
* Not drying.
* Lasted until I ate.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Mini-size looks and feels cheap.
* Famous is streaky.
* Bing Matte and Screen Queen Matte will show your imperfections.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Smashbox products reviewed/swatch:
Always On Liquid Lipstick
Stepping Out
X-Rated Mascara
Rich Black

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...