Monday, June 4, 2018

Manicure Monday: Meg in Lovey Dovey, Gray (Limited Edition)

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In March 2018, I went to Generation Beauty LA with a friend. Before we even got inside, they gave us our swag bag.

Here are the products inside the swag bag. I already reviewed derma e Nourishing Rose Cleansing Oil (top left), Kokie in Heavenly (top middle). For this post, I will review the polish from Meg on the top middle.
Here are the products I got throughout the day. I already reviewed Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara (bottom left). I received another Meg product at the booth on the top right.
Here are the two Meg products I got that day. For this post, I will review the polish on the right.
Product Review: Meg in Lovey Dovey

Where to purchase: online at megcosmetics.com
Price: $10 for 2 5 mL/ 0.23 fl oz

Description from the website:
* Non-toxic
* Free from Toluene, Formaldehyde, DBP, and Camphor
* High Shine and Coverage
* Easy Spread-ability
* Intense Glossy Effect Smooth Coatings
* Long Lasting
* No Animal Testing

Flammable: Keep away from heat and flame.
Keep away from children.
Ingredients:
GRAY: Butyl Acetate · Ethyl Acetate · Nitrocellulose · Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer · Isopropyl Alcohol · Acetyl Tributyl Citrate · Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) · Stearalkonium Bentonite · Stearalkonium Hectorite · Acrylates Copolymer · Adipic Acid/Fumaric Acid/Phthalic Acid/Tricyclodecane Dimethanol Copolymer · Silica Dimethyl Silylate · ULTRAMARINES(CI 77007) · Black 2(CI 77266) · Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1) · Citric Acid · Phosphoric Acid
Thoughts: I have never heard of this brand until Generation Beauty LA 2018. When I first saw the polish in my swag bag, I didn't think much. I became intrigued when I saw the products at the booth. They have a variety of masks.
Here's a closer look at the two polishes. I will review the polish on the left. The right one will be reviewed next week.
Here's a closer look at the gray. It's darker on the nails than in the bottle.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, the width and the length is the same. I consider the width on the medium.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalButter London Nail Foundation Priming Basecoat, 2 coats of Meg in Lovey Dovey (gray), and then topped all the nails with Butter London Hardwear Shine UV Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I like the brush. It's my type of width. It's three strokes on each nail and then you move onto the next. Not only that, it's easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, the packaging is definitely different. I hardly see two mini-size polishes combined as one with a top. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy both single polish and the top that is combined together. The single top you can feel a tight seal when you open and close. The top that combines both the polishes has a tight seal, as well as, makes a clicking noise when you pull and put it back in. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also small enough to hold each polishes, as well as, the polishes combined together. I can grab both with one hand. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Third, the consistency is on the medium. It's not too thin that it's running everywhere. It's also not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's a good consistency. It's easy to work with. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is pretty. To be honest, I thought it was purplish-gray but it's actually just gray. It's a great fall/winter color. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented but two coats show well on my nails. Lastly, I saw shrinkage on the fourth day. I wouldn't say it's major. I only noticed because I examine my nails closely in daily basis for review purpose. With that said, there's hardly any chipping and I'm on my fifth day. It's also easy to remove. I'm glad I got to try this brand. I have never heard of this brand but I became a fan.

Pros:
* Wide width brush; quick with painting the nails.
* Easy to paint around the cuticles and sides.
* Different, unique packaging; it stands out.
* Get two mini-size polishes as one.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy tops; you can feel a tight seal and makes a clicking noise.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold single polish and both combined with one hand.
* Medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Goes on smoothly.
* No streaking.
* No bubbles.
* Great for fall/winter season.
* Pigmented.
* Shrinkage on the fourth day.
* No chipping.
* Easy to remove.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...