Monday, July 2, 2018

Manicure Monday: essence in amazed by you

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In March 2018, I went to Generation Beauty LA with a friend. Before we even got inside, they gave us our swag bag.

Here are the products inside the swag bag. I already reviewed derma e Nourishing Rose Cleansing Oil (top left), Kokie in Heavenly (top middle), Meg in Lovey Dovey, Gray (top middle), and IBY Beauty Velour Liquid Lips in Flirt (bottom middle), and Meg in Lovey Dovey, Nude (top middle).
Here are the products I got throughout the day. I already reviewed Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara (bottom left). For this post, I will review the essence polish on the middle left.
Here are the essence products I received that day. For this post, I will review the polish on the top left.
Product Review: essence the gel nail polish in #52 amazed by you

Where to purchase: ULTA and online at essencemakeup.com
Price: $1.99 for 0.27 fl oz/ 8 mL

Made in Luxembourg

Description from the website: High intensity color with long-lasting wear.
Thoughts: Towards the end of the day, the booth started handing out either the lipstick or nail polish. I asked if I could have both and they were kind enough. I just couldn't choose between the lipstick and the nail polish.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, the width and the length is the same. While OPI brush spreads apart towards the tip, essence is the same from the handle to the tip.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalButter London Nail Foundation Priming Basecoat, 2 coats of essence in amazed by you, and then topped all the nails with Butter London Hardwear Shine UV Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I like the width of the brush. It's wide enough to do three strokes and move onto the next nail. With that said, it's easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy but it opens/close kind of strangely. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. The reason why I say it opens/close strangely is how many clicks it makes when I open and close. I have never felt this in any nail polish before. It's a possibility I got a bad batch. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also small enough to hold with one hand. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Third, the consistency is in-between medium to thick. It's not too thick it's hard to work with and it's not too thin it runs everywhere. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to work with. It goes on smoothly, and there's no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is great for fall and winter season. It's a little too dark for spring and summer. It's a pretty, dark maroon color. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I would say it's pretty pigmented. Two layer was good enough to leave a nice, smooth color on the nails. Lastly, I saw slight shrinkage on the fifth day. It's not that noticeable to be honest. I only noticed for review purpose. There's no chipping whatsoever. I'm pretty impressed. I'm glad I got to try this product. The quality of the product was impressive!

Pros:
* No-lamp needed.
* Nice wide brush.
* Easy to paint around the cuticles and sides.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open/close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* In-between medium to thick consistency.
* Easy to work with.
* Goes on smoothly.
* No streaking.
* No bubbles.
* Great fall and winter color.
* Pigmented.
* Slight shrinkage on the fifth day.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Makes many clicking noise when you open and close the top.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other essence products reviewed/swatch:
Nail Polish

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...