Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Soo Ae Donkey Milk Skin Gel Mask

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In March 2018, I went to Generation Beauty LA with a friend. Before we even got inside, they gave us our swag bag.

Here are the products inside the swag bag. I already reviewed derma e Nourishing Rose Cleansing Oil (top left), Kokie in Heavenly (top middle), Meg in Lovey Dovey, Gray (top middle), IBY Beauty Velour Liquid Lips in Flirt (bottom middle), and Meg in Lovey Dovey, Nude (top middle). For this post, I will review the mask from Soo Ae on the top right.
Here are the products I got throughout the day. I already reviewed Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara (bottom left) and essence in amazed by you (middle left).
Here are the Soo Ae products I received that day. For this post, I will review the mask on the top right.
Product Review: Soo Ae Donkey Milk Skin Gel Mask

Where to purchase: ULTA, Walmart, Target, and online at sooaenewyork.com
Price: $3 for 25 g/ 0.88 oz

Made in Korea

Description from the package: Since ancient times, Donkey's Milk, often referred to as "White Gold", has been valued for its immense nourishing skin and health benefits, revered by the likes of Hippocrates and Cleopatra. Rich in proteins, minerals, vitamins, essential fatty acids, bioactive enzyme and coenzyme, it restores balanced nourishment and moisture to the skin.

Soo Ae's innovative "Skin Gel" mask fuses traditional fabric sheet masks with hydrogel technology to improve delivery of active and moisturizing ingredients that improve skin's ability to absorb into the skin. The added benefits of antioxidant-rich Green Tea, Salmon Egg Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract and Tremella Fuciformis (Mushroom) Extract deliver youthfully supple skin plumped with moisture and radiance for a soft, glowing and healthy complexion.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: For the longest time, I've been curious about Soo Ae's mask. I don't remember the first time I heard about this mask but I'm thinking it was at Walmart. I saw it at the beauty section and said to myself whoa they carry Korean brand masks. For this reason, I'm excited to finally try this brand.
Here's a closer look at the sheet mask.
Here's how the mask looks on me.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. It smells floral but on the sweet side. I actually liked the scent. Plus, it only lasts for couple of minutes. I just sniffed the product and it smells exactly how it's applied. Secondly, the design on the packaging is nice. It's black, simple, and the design is cute. With that said, it's sturdy and well packaged. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. The dimension of the mask is interesting. The width and the length to the chin is nice. It's long and reaches past my cheeks/chin. I like my masks bigger than smaller. I rather cover all areas than miss some. The forehead is smaller than mine. It doesn't reach my hairline at all including the corners. Not only that the dimension of the nose is interesting as well. The width is nice but the length is cut straight at the bottom. It doesn't even touch the tip of my nose. There's a whole area with no mask. I, personally, think they could have cut longer. The piece below the nose to the mouth is cut bigger than the area. If they cut that area smaller, it would be perfect amount for the nose. Other than than, the dimension is alright. The thickness of the mask is on the medium. When I pulled the sheet out of the packaging, I thought the mask was on the white side. I was wrong when I unfolded the mask and pulled the backing. The backing only covers half of the sheet mask, the top part. I have never seen a mask where the backing is only half of the sheet. Once unfolded, I realized it's clear. Also, I did not have to worry about ripping while unfolding. The thickness is good enough that I don't need to be that gentle. Third, the mask has a lot of essence. It's not dripping liquid while unfolding but you can feel the essence. My skin absorbed the essence like no other. After thirty minutes of masking, parts of the sheet mask changed from clear to white. The parts where it changed to white was areas my skin absorbed the essence. It dried the sheet. With that said, it's easy to use. The instruction says to mask for 15 to 20 minutes, but I always mask 30. I want to absorb as much essence as possible since I have dry skin. After masking, I apply the leftover essence from the package on my neck and chest. When I took off the mask, the result were amazing. My skin definitely looked brighter and younger. It glowed and just looked alert. Not only that, the skin looked smooth and I did not see any fine and thick lines. The next morning the results were nice as well. It didn't look like when I first took the mask off, but it was decent. It still glowed and there weren't as much wrinkles as usual. Lastly, I'm glad I got this mask. It's a good one. I've always heard donkey's milk is good for the skin. I cannot say much because this is my first time using donkey's milk. So far I like it. It's nourishing and doesn't smell like how I imagined. To be honest, I have no idea how donkey's milk smell like. With that said, this will be great for weekly masking as well as for professionals.

Pros:
* Slight scent while applying.
* Sweet floral scent that lasts for couple of minutes.
* Design of the packaging is nice.
* Sturdy and well packaged.
* Travel-friendly.
* Dimension of the width and length of the chin is nice.
* Dimension of the width of the nose is nice.
* Medium thickness; don't need to be that gentle while unfolding.
* Mask is clear.
* A lot of essence.
* Absorbed the essence like no other.
* Sheet changes from clear to white while absorbing the essence.
* Hydrating.
* Easy to use.
* Applied the leftover essence on other parts of the body.
* Skin looked brighter.
* Skin looked younger.
* Skin looked smoother.
* Less noticeable fine and thick lines.
* Donkey's milk.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Dimension of the forehead is on the small side.
* Dimension of the length of the nose is short.
* Piece below the nose to the mouth is cut bigger than the area.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...