Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Dr.Jart+ Rubber Mask in Firm Lover

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Lately, TJMaxx has been putting really good sheet masks. I bought a lot end of last year, 2019, and this was one of the visit.

Here's my purchase. I already reviewed Dr.Jart+ Dermask Intra Jet Firming Solution (left). For this post, I will review the mask on the right from Dr.Jart+.

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at us.drjart.com
Price: $12 for 1 mask 43 g/ 1.5 oz

Made in Korea

Description from the package: The rubber mask wraps the skin to prevent the anti-aging ingredients from evaporating while providing a cooling sensation.

Step 1 Intensive Firming Ampoule Pack: Firming ingredients are gently absorbed into skin/ Berries Complex. A complex of 3 berry extracts (strawberry, raspberry, blueberry) improves skin elasticity by supplying rich moisturizing nutrients.

Step 2 Firming Wrapping Rubber Mask: Firming & Soothing Rubber mask: Rubber Mask sheet prevents nourishing ingredients from evaporating and soothes dry skin/ Red Seaweed Extract X Algin: Marine moisturizing ingredients (laver, agar seaweed) soothe any irritation caused by dryness.
Ingredients:
Step 1 Intensive Firming Ampoule:
Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PEG-240/HDICopolymer Bis-Decyltetradeceth-20 Ether, Glycerin, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Butylene Glycol, Fragaria Chiloensis (Strawberry) Fruit Extract,Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethicone, Glycereth-26, Trehalose, Ethylhexylglycerin, Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Allantoin, Phenoxyethanol, 1,2-Hexanediol.

Step 2 Firming Wrapping Rubber Mask:
Water, Methylpropanediol, Chondrus Crispus Extract, Glycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Algin, Calcium Lactate, Laminaria Japonica Extract, Undaria Pinnatifida Extract, Sargassum Fulvellum Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Panthenol, Allantoin, PEG60Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Curcuma Lo-nga (Turmeric) Root Extract, Melia Azadirachta Flower Extract, Melia Azadirachta LeafExtract, Melia Azadirachta Bark Extract, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Moringa OleiferaSeed Oil, Ocimum Sanctum Leaf Extract, Silica, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) PeelOil, Disodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Ceratonia Siliqua Gum, Sucrose, Potassium Chl-oride, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.
Thoughts: When I saw this product, I knew I had to get it. I've been curious about rubber masks and this gave me a chance to try it.
Here's a closer look of the ampoule.
Here's a closer look of the packaging of the rubber mask.
Here's a swatch of the ampoule on my hand.
Here's how the rubber mask looks when taken out of the package.
Here's how the rubber mask looks on me.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a scent while applying the ampoule. It's light but it reminds me of Asian medication like Tiger Balm. The scent only lasts for couple of minutes. I just sniffed the product and it smells like while applying. The rubber mask, on the other hand, had no scent whatsoever. I just sniffed the package and it smells like the ampoule. Even though I'm not too keen on the scent, it is doable. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple, clean, and design of the rubber mask is adorable. To be honest, the design drew me in. With that said, the individual packaging and the container the ampoule comes in is well-made and sturdy. The individual packaging is made out of foil-like packaging, whereas, the container the ampoule comes in is plastic. I cannot see both the individual packaging and container the ampoule comes in open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. The dimension of the mask could be better. It did not cover my hairline, as well as, the sides of my jaw. If you have wider and longer face than myself, this will be way too small. I did like the cut around the eyes, nose, and mouth. The dimension of the nose was longer and fit my width perfectly. If you have longer nose, this should be perfect for you. The thickness of the rubber mask is on the thick side. I was blown away how thick it is. Even though it is thick, you need to be careful how you unfold. If you look at my eyebrow, you can see a cut. That happened while unfolding and trying to put it on my face. Now it makes sense why there's a backing for both the front and back. Even though there's a backing in the front and back, the rubber mask looks the same on both sides. Third, the consistency of the ampoule is on the thick side. It reminds me of paste. When I grabbed the ampoule out of the container, it felt different. It felt kind of like glue. Once applied, it feels like moisturizer more so than essence. It leaves a nice creamy texture on the skin. Then I apply the rubber mask on top. It's that easy. Since the ampoule is thick, the rubber mask does not slip or fall. Once it's on, you can do other things without the fear of it falling. The description said to mask for 15-20 minutes. I masked for 30 minutes. Also, the rubber mask feels real cold. I don't think I ever felt this coldness from any mask before. Even though it's cold, it felt good on the skin. It's not harsh on the skin. Once you take the rubber mask off, my skin looked tight and all the fine lines were diminished. I even noticed the eleven in-between my eyebrows were gone. Lastly, my skin looked alright the next morning. The fine lines started showing but that's expected with most masks. You just need to be consistent using it. I try to mask once or twice a week. I'm glad I got this product. It's really nice and I enjoyed using the rubber mask.

Pros:
* Doable scent.
* Simple, clean packaging with adorable design.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Travel-friendly.
* Cut around the eyes, nose, and mouth is good.
* Dimension of the nose is wide and long.
* Thick mask.
* Consistency of ampoule is on the thick side.
* Ampoule feels more like moisturizer than essence.
* Ampoule leaves a creamy texture.
* Easy to use.
* Rubber mask does not fall or slip whatsoever.
* Rubber mask feels cold.
* Skin looks tight.
* Fine lines diminished.

Cons:
* Dimension is not wide and long enough.
* Need to be careful unfolding.
* Ampoule feels like paste.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws



Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...