Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Lancome Advanced Genifique Hydrogel Melting Mask

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In March 2018, I went to Generation Beauty LA with a friend. Before we even got inside, they gave us our swag bag.

Here are the products inside the swag bag. I already reviewed derma e Nourishing Rose Cleansing Oil (top left), Kokie in Heavenly (top middle), Meg in Lovey Dovey, Gray (top middle), IBY Beauty Velour Liquid Lips in Flirt (bottom middle), Meg in Lovey Dovey, Nude (top middle), and Soo Ae Donkey Milk Skin Gel Mask (top right). For this post, I will review the mask from Lancome on the top right.
Here are the products I got throughout the day. I already reviewed Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara (bottom left), essence in amazed by you (middle left), and Dirty Little Secret Lip Gloss in AF (bottom right).
Here are the Lancome products I received that day. I already reviewed Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara (top right). For this post, I will review the sheet mask on the left.
Product Review: Lancome Advanced Genifique Hydrogel Melting Mask

Where to purchase: ULTA, Sephora, department stores, and online at lancome-usa.com
Price: $15 for 28 g/ 0.98 oz

Made in Korea

Description from the website:
What it is:
A hydrogel sheet mask that gives skin instant radiance, smoothness, and plumpness in as little as ten minutes.

What it does:
Need a quick skin fix? Instantly plump, glow, and smooth skin with this hydrogel sheet mask, which feels like the mask is melting onto skin for a flexible, cocooned feeling. This mask, which contains cult-favorite Advanced Genifique serum's Bifidus extract, helps to strengthen and protect skin's moisture barrier. Each mask contains the same amount of Bifidus extract found in one full 30 mL bottle of Advanced Genifique serum. In as little as ten minutes, skin is left feeling hydrated, and fresher. Skin looks more radiant, fine lines, and pores appear visibly reduced, skin texture appears refined, and skin looks rested for a younger-looking appearance. This sheet mask won't leave skin feeling sticky or shiny.

Research Results:
Based on a 3-week study on 54 women:
After 10 minutes:
96% said skin seems hydrated
89% said skin feels smoother
80% said pores appear less visible
83% said skin appeared more radiant
Ingredients:
AQUA / WATER, GLYCERIN, BIFIDA FERMENT LYSATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, SUCROSE, LACTOBACILLUS FERMENT, TOCOPHEROL, SODIUM BENZOATE, MADECASSOSIDE, HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, SODIUM SUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, ADENOSINE, FAEX EXTRACT / YEAST EXTRACT, PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, ARGININE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, POLYACRYLATE-13, ALLANTOIN, POLYISOBUTENE, POLYSORBATE 20, SALICYLOYL PHYTOSPHINGOSINE, LIMONENE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, LINALOOL, CERATONIA SILIQUA GUM / CAROB GUM, CARRAGEENAN, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, DISODIUM EDTA, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, CITRONELLOL, POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE, METHIONINE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, GLYCINE, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE
Thoughts: When I first saw this in the swag bag, I didn't know Lancome came out with sheet masks. Either it's a new thing or I'm out of the loop. Anything is possible with me.
Here's how the sheet mask looks like out of the package.
Here's how the mask looks on me.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a scent the whole time wearing the sheet mask. It smells floral and usually after awhile, I get used to the scent. I smelled it the whole time. I just sniffed the product, and it has more of a perfume scent than floral. Secondly, I like the packaging. The color of the design is pretty and it matches well with Lancome. It's well-made and sturdy. I cannot see the individual packaging open or rip unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. Plus, the individual packaging is easy to store in your purse and bag. This will be great for professionals as well as to use on their clients before putting makeup on. With that said, the dimension of the sheet mask width and length-wise was decent. It was wide enough and the chin area went slightly past the chin. Around the hairline it was a lot shorter than I expected especially the corners. It barely even got close. I prefer to cover all parts of the face than miss some. The width of the nose covered my wide nose. The length of the nose I found strange. It was cut straight across horizontally. I'm not too sure why when we have a tip. The thickness of the mask is thick. Most thick masks you don't have to be that careful when it comes to unfolding, but you do with this particular mask. It's a gel mask. It has two backing. I unfolded the sheet mask and removed one backing. Then I applied the gel mask onto the skin. Once it's on, I remove the other backing. Third, there's a decent amount of essence. It's not to the point it's dripping. It's also not dried making it hard to work with. It's a decent amount of essence for a gel mask. With that said, it's easy to use. They recommend using it for 30 minutes. Since I'm used to masking for 30 minutes, it wasn't a problem. Once it was ready to remove, the white gel turned clear. I found that interesting. It tells me my skin soaked up the essence. Even though my skin soaked up the essence, it wasn't like peeling dried glue off the skin. It came off easily. Then I patted the remaining essence onto my neck and chest. As soon as I got the mask off, I noticed my skin glowed. It glowed in the sense it looked healthier not brighter. I also noticed my skin looked more hydrated. I noticed my zits were smaller, as well as, I did not notice any fine lines. The thicker lines were finer. That comes with hydration. Lastly, I'm glad I got to use this product. To be honest, it's a good mask but I don't know if I would pay this much for one sheet mask. Plus, there's a lot of sheet masks that give the same results for cheaper.

Pros:
* Floral, sweet perfume scent.
* Design is pretty.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Travel-friendly.
* Great for professionals.
* Decent width and length of the chin.
* Width of the nose is wide enough.
* Thick sheet mask.
* Gel mask not a typical sheet mask.
* Decent amount of essence.
* Easy to use.
* Gel turned from white to clear.
* Skin easily soak up the essence.
* Easy to remove.
* Skin glowed.
* Hydrating.
* Zits look smaller
* Lesser fine lines.

Cons:
* Expensive.
* Short around the hairline.
* Length of the nose is strange and cut horizontally straight.
* Need to be careful unfolding.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Lancome products reviewed/swatch:
Advanced Genifique
Baume In Love Sheer Tinted Lipbalm Moisture & Comfort
DreamTone
Hypnose Star Mascara
Vernis In Love Nail Polish

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...