Friday, March 6, 2020

innisfree My Lip Balm in 09 Very Berry Tea

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In December 2019, I checked out innisfree shop.

Here are the products I got. I only purchased the set on the top left. The lip balm on the bottom middle was given to me as a gift from a family member. The rest was given to me as a gift with purchase. For this post, I will review the lip balm on the bottom middle.
Product Review: innisfree My Lip Balm in 09 Very Berry Tea

Where to purchase: innisfree and online at us.innisfree.com
Price: $10 for 0.52 oz/ 15 g

Made in Korea

Description from the website: A lightweight lip balm formulated with moisture-boosting plant oils that wrap your lips in a natural-looking tint without any stickiness. 11 tea-inspired lip balms in varying shade intensities, for a fresh, no-makeup look.
Ingredients:
[1] PETROLATUM, HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL DIMER DILINOLEATE, MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX, BEESWAX, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL, THEOBROMA GRANDIFLORUM SEED BUTTER, SILICA SILYLATE, ISOSTEARIC ACID, MENTHA VIRIDIS (SPEARMINT) LEAF OIL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, DEHYDROACETIC ACID, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), SODIUM SACCHARIN, BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), TOCOPHEROL, WATER / AQUA / EAU, GLYCERIN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CITRUS UNSHIU PEEL EXTRACT, OPUNTIA COCCINELLIFERA FRUIT EXTRACT, ORCHID EXTRACT, CAMELLIA JAPONICA LEAF EXTRACT, CITRUS SUDACHI FRUIT EXTRACT
Thoughts: When my brother's niece gifted me this, I was flattered. It was really nice of her, but at the same time, it was something I wanted to try. It just worked out well.
Here's a closer look at the applicator.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.
Here's how the lip balm looks on me.
Here's an overall look with MAC Electric Wonder Eyeshadow Palette in Desert Lightening on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent. It does smell like berry and I love it. It smells really good and it lasts for several minutes. I just sniffed the product and it smells like how it's applied. Secondly, I like the packaging of the product. It's simple, clean, and it comes in a tube. The color of the packaging is supposed to match the color of the lip balm. If you own more than one, you can distinguish them apart. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, it's creamy and on the medium. For a lip balm, I wouldn't say it's thick. It's not hard to apply. I also wouldn't say it's thin. It does not run while applying. It's a good consistency. It glides on and does not tug on the lips. With that said, it's easy to use. I squeeze the tube to get the product in the center of the applicator. Then I apply onto my lips. It's that easy to use. Personally, I found it a little hard to squeeze. It might take practice. It goes on smoothly, it's light-weight, not sticky at all, not greasy, and doesn't feel like you are wearing anything. It feels like a lip balm. Fourth, the color is light pinkish-purple. It's a good everyday use. Pigmentation-wise it's not up there. If you are looking for a pigmented lip balm, you need to pass. It just gives a hint of color. Since I have natural light pink lips, color show up more so than a lot of people. Lastly, it lasts until I eat. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, most lip products don't last that long on me. If you don't wipe your mouth, it should last longer. With that said, it's comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. It seems hydrating. You won't know until you use it for several days. I used this product with multiple other lip balms. I really cannot say in that term since it wasn't the only product I used. I'm glad I got this product. I really like it!

Pros:
* Smells like berry.
* Simple, clean packaging that comes in a tube.
* Color matches the lip product; can distinguish if you own more than one.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy, medium consistency.
* Glides on.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Easy to use.
* Goes on smoothly.
* Light-weight.
* Not sticky.
* Not greasy.
* Doesn't feel like you are wearing anything.
* Great for everyday use.
* Comfortable.
* Not drying.
* Hydrating.
* Lasts until I eat.

Cons:
* Kind of hard to squeeze the tube.
* Not pigmented.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other innisfree products reviewed/swatch:
My Real Squeeze Mask EX

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...