Friday, March 27, 2020

MAC Eye Shadow X 12 Desert Lightning

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

When I went to the outlet in January 2020, I checked out my Cosmetics Company Outlet. I purchased an eyeshadow palette from MAC.

Product Review: MAC Eye Shadow X 12 Desert Lightning

Where to purchase: ULTA, MAC, and online at maccosmetics.com
Price: for 0.60 oz/ 17.20 g

Made in USA

Ingredients:
Thoughts: When I saw this in person, I fell in love. Not only for the neutral colors but the packaging. I wasn't going to get it but I kept thinking about it. For that reason, I purchased it.
Here's a closer look inside the palette.
Here's a closer look at the 12 eyeshadows from top to bottom, left to right: Desert Lightning, Fresh Innocence, Retrospeck, Fool's Gold, Marzipan, So Jaded, Duabandita, Is It The Beat, Brun, Deception, Golden Brown, and Big Attitude.
Here's a closer look at one of the eyeshadows. This is Duabandita.
Here's a swatch of the first row on my hand from left to right; Desert Lightning, Fresh Innocence, Retrospeck, and Fool's Gold.
Here's a swatch of the second row on my hand from left to right; Marzipan, So Jaded, Duabandita, and Is It The Beat.
Here's a swatch of the third row on my hand from left to right; Brun, Deception, Golden Brown, and Big Attitude.

Look #1:
I applied Retrospeck on the lid, and blended the crease and outer v with Marzipan. I darkened the outer v with Brun, and highlighted below the eyebrow with Desert Lightning.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with L'Oreal Matte Lip Crayon in 510 Tres Sweet on the lips.

Look #2:
I applied Fool's Gold on the lid, and blended the crease and outer v with Marzipan. I darkened the outer v with Brun, and highlighted below the eyebrow with Desert Lightning.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with innisfree My Lip Balm in 09 Very Berry Tea on the lips.

Look #3:
I applied So Jaded on the lids, and blended the crease and outer v with Marzipan. I darkened the outer v with Duabandita, and highlighted below the eyebrow with Desert Lightning.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with Smashbox Be Legendary Lipsticks in Stylist Matte on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and there's no scent whatsoever. Secondly, I love the packaging. It's what sold me. I love the marbleized pattern. I think they should bring this pattern to kitchen counters. I think it'll be gorgeous. It's just my opinion. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close, as well as, a clicking noise when you close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. Unfortunately, it does not come with a brush. You need to use your own or you can use your own fingers. It does come with a mirror though. I like the size of the mirror. It covers one side of the inside. It's also easy to hold with one hand. I do find it on the slightly heavy side, but not to the point it's really heavy. It's a good weight. Third, the consistency is buttery soft for the mattes and feels good in-between the fingers. I noticed the shimmery shadows have more grit than the mattes. With that said, it's easy to use. I pick up the shadows with the brushes. They go on smoothly on the lids. You can also see the transition of colors. It doesn't look like one on the eyes. Since most of the colors are on the neutral side, they all look good together. Fourth, they are good all year round as well as at work since they are on the neutral side. If you are not a neutral person, this palette isn't for you. It has all the colors needed from below the eyebrow to outer v. You do not need another palette. Everything is in one. You can even use Is It The Beat as an eyeliner. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I definitely do not think it's the most pigmented but it is doable. I probably layered couple of times to show color on my skin tone. Lastly, it lasted all day without creasing and fading. It looked like how I first applied it. I'm glad I got this palette. I've been using it all month long, as well as, last month. It's just easy. I don't need to think which colors I want to blend with. They just work well together. There is no thinking involved, as well as, they blend easily. I can do the eye makeup within minutes and I'm ready to go.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Gorgeous marbleized pattern.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close, as well as, a clicking noise when you close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Mirror covers one side of the inside.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Good weight.
* Buttery soft consistency for the mattes.
* Easy to use.
* Goes on smoothly.
* Can see the transition between the colors.
* All the colors look good together.
* Great all year round and work.
* Neutral palette.
* Don't need another palette, everything in one.
* Pigmented.
* No creasing.
* No fading.
* Last all day.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Does not come with a brush.
* Shimmery shadows have some grit.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other MAC products reviewed/swatch:
GreasePaint Stick
Below Ground
Liptensity Lipstick
Smoked Almond
Lustre Lipstick
Aloof
Matte Lipstick
Baby's All Right
Derriere
Whirl
Powder Kiss Lipstick
Mull It Over
Sultry Move
Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour
Burnt Spice
Texting The Stars
Topped With Brandy
With A Side Of Stars
SlimShine Lipstick
Bare
Zoom Lash Mascara

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...