Friday, November 29, 2019

Patrick Ta Monochrome Moment Silky Lip Creme in She's Independent

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

This month, November 2019, I purchased some products from Sephora.

Here's my haul. For this post, I will review the lip product from Patrick Ta on the bottom right.
Product Review: Patrick Ta Monochrome Moment Silky Lip Creme in She's Independent

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at patrickta.com
Price: $24 for 0.23 fl oz/ 7 mL

Made in Italy

Description from the website: The softness and finish of a traditional lipstick, liquified into a soft cream, one-stroke of this hybrid formula envelops the lips with intense color payoff that wears for hours with a soft, velvety satin matte finish.
Ingredients:
POLYBUTENE, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, DIMETHICONE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYPHENYL DIMETHICONE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, ISODODECANE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, KAOLIN, AROMA (FLAVOR), ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE
MAY CONTAIN: CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 77491/ 77492/ 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE), CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE), CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE), CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET),CI 15850 (RED 7 LAKE, RED 6, RED 7), CI 15985 (YELLOW 6 LAKE), CI 45410 (RED 28 LAKE), CI 73360 (RED 30 LAKE)
Thoughts: To be honest, I did not know what I wanted to purchase and then this fell on my feed on YouTube. I got curious and watched the YouTube video. The brand intrigued me that I ended up watching more videos. I decided to try the lip product and thought it wouldn't hurt.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the applicator.
Here's a swatch of the lip color on my hand.
Here's how the lip creme looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Urban Decay Naked Honey Eyeshadow Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a scent while applying. I wouldn't say it's strong but it's definitely not light. I smell a mixture of cocoa and peppermint. Initially, I smell cocoa and then it moves to peppermint. I just sniffed the product and it smells like how it's applied. It's not my type of scent but it's doable. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It's simple and clean. To be honest, I think it looks better online than in person. The bottom feels more plastic than most lip products I have seen. There's also a lot of fingerprints on the top. With that said, it's sturdy. I like that it's see through. If you own more than one, you can distinguish them apart by the color. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. The doe foot applicator fits with the higher brands with the heart shape where it meets at the tip. The tip makes it easy to outline the lips and the flat surface to fill in the remaining. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It goes on smoothly and does not tug on the lips. With that said, it's easy to use. If you are looking for a matte lip product, this isn't it. It's a lip cream that has slight shine and no glitter whatsoever. It's light-weight, slightly sticky but not to the point where the lips stick together, and not greasy at all. It feels more like a lip balm more than anything. Fourth, the color is interesting. It goes on light peachy nude. If you don't put your lips together, it'll be that color. When I smack my lips together, the color changes to more a color I can wear. It turns more a medium peachy nude that is wearable. With that said, it's a color you can wear all year. It's also good for work and smokey eye makeup. It might be better on medium to darker skin tone. I feel like it will blend in with light skin tone. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. It's pretty decent for a nude color. One layer is good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, it lasts until I eat. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, most lip products don't last long on me. If you don't wipe your mouth, it should last longer. It's comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I got to try this product. Would I purchase more? I don't know to be honest. I think the quality of the product is good. The packaging could be better for the price tag. Also, I still love my liquid lipsticks. This is good but it's more a creamy lipstick in a tube.

Pros:
* Simple and clean packaging.
* Sturdy packaging.
* See through packaging; can distinguish if you own more than one.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Nice doe foot applicator; outline with the tip and remaining with the flat surface.
* Medium, creamy consistency.
* Goes on smoothly.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Easy to use.
* No glitters.
* Light-weight.
* Not greasy at all.
* Great all year round, work, and with smokey eye makeup.
* Pigmented.
* Comfortable.
* Not drying.
* Lasted until I ate.
* Parabens-free.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Scent while applying.
* Bottom packaging feels plastic-y.
* Lots of fingerprints on the top of the packaging.
* Slight sticky.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...