Friday, November 1, 2019

Morphe 35F Fall Into Frost Artistry Palette

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bough with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Several years ago, I purchased an eyeshadow palette from Morphe at IMATS.

Where to purchase: ULTA and online at morphebrushes.com
Price: $25 for 56.2 g/ 1.98 oz

Made in China

Description from the website: 35 shades to change your world
Featuring 7 highly pigmented matte shades and 28 rich metallic colors, this is the palette your will reach for to wake u your looks with a touch of eye-catching shimmer. The 7 matte colors offer necessary neutrals from flesh toned to black that ensure an effortless, well-blended look every time.

Shade Names
Row 1:
* Visible/ white shimmer
* Champagne/ peachy pink shimmer
* Sahara / shimmery apricot
* Starlight/ champagne shimmer
* Chiffon/ shimmering sand
* Honeycomb/ ginger shimmer
* Sun-Kissed/ shimmering copper

Row 2:
* Sepia/ shimmering mocha
* Vienna/ shimmering antique bronze
* Cabana/ shimmering bronze
* Onyx/ shimmering pewter
* Vintage/ tawny rose shimmer
* Gem/ shimmering cocoa
* 24K Gold/ shimmering burnished gold

Row 3:
* Reduce/ shimmering rusty rose
* Magician/ shimmering raspberry
* Sworn/ shimmering cafe au lait
* Hidden Treasure/ shimmering olive
* Phantom/ shimmering smoky plum
* Cabernet/ rich mauve shimmer
* Aerial/ shimmering rose

Row 4:
* Intuition / plum shimmer
* Cairo/ hot gold shimmer
* Sight/ shimmering brass
* Belladonna/ shimmering amethyst
* Memento/ brown sugar shimmer
* Graphite/ bronzed smoke shimmer
* Travel/ shimmering maple syrup

Row 5:
* Bliss/ matte apricot
* Illusion/ matte sepia
* Sand/ matte cappuccino
* Terrene/ matte toffee
* Hazel/ matte milk chocolate
* Fortune/ matte red clay
* Obsidian/ matte charcoal black
Ingredients:
Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyethylene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Silica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin +/- May Contain/Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 40 Lake (16035)
Thoughts: For the longest time, I've been wanting to get this palette. When I did get the palette, I don't know why it took me so long to use it. Actually, I do. I have way too many products for one person.
Here's a closer look inside. It does not come with a mirror.
Here's a closer look at the 35 eyeshadows.
Here's a swatch of the first four eyeshadows from the first row left to right on my hand: Visible, Champagne, Sahara, and Starlight.
Here's a swatch of the last three eyeshadows from the first row left to right on my hand: Chiffon, Honeycomb, and Sun-Kissed.
Here's a swatch of the first four eyeshadows from the second row left to right on my hand: Sepia, Vienna, Cabana, and Onyx.
Here's a swatch of the last three eyeshadows from the second row left to right on my hand: Vintage, Gem, and 24K Gold.
Here's a swatch of the first four eyeshadows from the third row left to right on my hand: Reduce, Magician, Sworn, and Hidden Treasure.
Here's a swatch of the last three eyeshadows from the third row left to right on my hand: Phantom, Cabernet, and Aerial.
Here's a swatch of the first four eyeshadows from the fourth row left to right on my hand: Intuition, Cairo, Sight, and Belladonna.
Here's a swatch of the last three eyeshadows from the fourth row left to right on my hand: Memento, Graphite, and Travel.
Here's a swatch of the first four eyeshadows from the fifth row left to right on my hand: Bliss, Illusion, Sand, and Terrene.
Here's a swatch of the last three eyeshadows from the fifth row left to right on my hand: Hazel, Fortune, and Obsidian.
Here's a closer look at one of the eyeshadows. I'm not too sure which eyeshadow this is.

Look #1:
I applied Starlight in the inner half lid and Reduce on the outer half lid. Then I blended the crease and outer v with Hazel. I darkened the outer v with Terrene.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with Tarte Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint in Birthday Suit on the lips.

Look #2:
I applied Sight on the lid, and blended the crease and outer v with Hazel. Then I darkened the outer v with Terrene.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look. I cannot remember what I had on the lips.

Look #3:
I applied Chiffon on the inner half lid and Reduce on the outer half lid. I blended the crease and outer v with Hazel. I darkened the outer v with Terrene.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Pillow Talk on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and there's no scent whatsoever. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple, clean, and thin. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The closure is sturdy as well. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the lid. I also hear a clicking noise when I close the lid. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. Since it's thin, it's easy to put in a bag and even a good size purse. It's also easy to place away on your vanity. It does not come with a mirror. If you take this traveling, you will need to carry a mirror. Even though the packaging is nice, I see shiny marks on the packaging. I don't like the stain personally. I hate seeing my finger marks. Third, the consistency is buttery soft for both the metallic and the mattes. It feels soft and good in-between the fingers. Even though its buttery soft, it's both compacted and loose. It's compacted, in the sense, I hardly see any loose pigments inside the palette. The eyeshadow brush grabs the shadows well. It's loose in the sense if your finger touches the eyeshadows, it will make a dent. I have couple of shadows with dents from my fingers. With that said, it's easy to use. I just grab the shadows with the brush and apply onto the skin. If you don't want to use a brush, your fingers are fine. It's applies nicely, smooth, and you can see the transition from one color to another. I hate when it looks like one shadow on the eyes. You can see the different colors and they blend well together. Fourth, the colors range from light to dark. It will be a great palette all year round. You will not need another palette if you carry this one. If you are not into metallic/shiny shadows, this might not be a good one for you. I love my shimmery shadows blended with mattes. I also love it has a lot of warm eyeshadows. I'm a huge fan of neutral, warm shadows. Pigmentation-wise it's up there for metallic. I thought the mattes weren't as pigmented. It's doable. I did not have to build my colors to show up on my skin tone. Lastly, it's lasted all day on me. It did not crease, fade, or smudge throughout the day. It looked like how I first applied at the end of the day. Then again I have dry skin. Most colors last all day on me. I'm glad I got to try this palette. I really don't know why it took me so long. I think I was confused with so many colors in one palette.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Simple, clean, and thin packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy closure; can feel a tight seal when you open and close, as well as, a clicking noise when you close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to story on your vanity.
* Buttery soft consistency.
* Compacted; hardly see loose pigments inside the palette.
* Picks up well.
* Easy to use.
* Applies nicely and smooth.
* Transition of shadows from one to another.
* Blends well.
* Colors range from light to dark.
* Great all year round.
* Gorgeous metallic.
* Pigmented metallic shadows.
* No creasing.
* No fading.
* No smudging.
* Lasted all day.

Cons:
* Does not come with a mirror.
* Finger marks on the palette.
* Loose; finger dents in the shadows.
* Slightly pigmented mattes.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Morphe products reviewed/swatch:
Liquid Lipstick
Schoolgirl

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bough with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...