Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I used to purchase the monthly beauty subscription Play! By Sephora, but I stopped after getting so many samples. I have way too many beauty products for one person.

Here's my January 2017. For this post, I will review the moisturizer from Drunk Elephant on the middle right.
Product Review: Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at drunkelephant.com
Price: $60 for 50 mL/ 1.69 fl oz

Description on the packaging: An old-fashioned moisturizer whipped with a blend of six hydrating African oils.
Ingredients:
Water/Aqua/Eau, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isopropyl Isostearate, Pseudozyma Epicola/Camellia Sinensis Seed Oil/Glucose/Glycine Soja (Soybean) Meal/Malt Extract/Yeast Extract Ferment Filtrate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentylene Glycol, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Adansonia Digitata Seed Oil, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Seed Oil, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Schinziophyton Rautanenii Kernel Oil, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-6 Ximenia Americana Seedate, Cholesterol, Ceramide AP, Ceramide EOP, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Ceramide NP, Phytosphingosine, Ceteareth-20, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Tocopherol, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin
Thoughts: To be honest when I first received this product, I knew nothing of this brand. I think they got popular the last several years. I put it to the side and forgot all about it until now.
Here's a closer look inside. This picture was taken when I first received the sample.
Here's a closer look inside. This picture was taken when I first started using this product.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a light scent while applying. It smells like an old product. It is possible since it did take me several years to try the sample. Also, I opened the product when I first received it. It might be different if I opened the product now. With that said, I sniffed the product and it smells like how it's applied. On the website, it mentions it's fragrance-free. Secondly since I don't own the full-size, I cannot say how the packaging is. From the website, the full-size comes in a pump. That would be more sanitary-safe than the one I'm using. With that said, the packaging of the sample is actually pretty cute. I like the color combination. It's whitish-cream and lavender top. It's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Also, I like the texture. It has a soft feel that you don't find in a lot of plastics. Third, the consistency is creamy. I would say it's medium but a little towards the thick side. It might be too thick for oily skin individuals. For someone like me who has dry skin, it's a good consistency. It will also be great for winter with the dry weather. With that said, it's easy to use. I just scoop the product out of the packaging and massage onto the skin. It spreads easily and absorbs quickly. I would say it takes couple of minutes. It leaves a nice, smooth, soft texture. It's not greasy and sticky at all. I like how my skin feels after I apply the product. It feels healthy and hydrated. I used as a night cream more so than a day cream. The next morning my skin felt soft and hydrated. Lastly, I'm glad I finally tried this product and I don't know what took me so long. Actually, I do. I have way too many products for one single person. It's a good product by itself. On the website, they mentioned you can mix serums and oils into the moisturizer. It's an added kick to the product. Since I didn't mix products into the moisturizer, I cannot say. Even though the moisturizer is a little bit old, it didn't feel that way on the skin. I think the whipped became less whipped with time. That's why it's a lot denser than the first time I took the picture. I can see why so many people love this moisturizer. It's a good hydrating product!

Pros:
* Fragrance-free per website.
* Full-size comes in a pump; sanitary-safe.
* Cute color combination packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Soft texture packaging.
* Creamy and medium consistency but a little towards the thick side.
* Great for normal to dry skin and winter season.
* Easy to use.
* Spreads easily.
* Absorbs quickly.
* Skin feels nice, smooth, and soft.
* Not greasy.
* Not sticky.
* Skin looks healthy.
* Hydrating.
* Good by itself.
* Can mix serums and oils into the moisturizer.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Became less whipped with time.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...