Friday, October 25, 2019

Buxom PlumpLine Lip Liner in Hush Hush

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In June 2017, I purchased some products from ULTA.
Here are the products I got. I already reviewed MAC Matte Lipstick in Whirl (top middle). For this post, I will review the lip liner from Buxom on the right.

Where to purchase: ULTA and online at buxomcosmetics.com
Price: $18 for 2.1 g/0.07 oz

Made in Italy

Description from the website: Slay the lip game with double threat PlumpLine Lip Liner and built in brush. This versatile liner plumps, lines and defines lips to their fullest - and their sexiest. Includes a built-in brush to effortlessly color, blend and contour. It is creamy and pigmented enough to wear alone, or as a perfect base for perfect, plumped lips.
Ingredients:
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Triethylhexanoin, Synthetic Candelilla Wax, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Beeswax (Cera Alba/Cire Dabeille), Phenyl Trimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyrate, Tribehenin, Squalane, Lecithin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Bht. May Contain (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140).
Thoughts: I first saw this on YouTube. She's a well-known Korean makeup artist and she applied this on the lips, and I fell in love. I had to get it.
Here's a closer look at the pencil, as well as, color. The website describes it as "cinnamon." I don't know if I agree at all.
Here's a closer look at the brush.
Here's a swatch of the color on my hand.
Here's how the color looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Anastasia Sultry Eye Shadow Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent. I just sniffed the product and there's no scent whatsoever. Secondly, I like the packaging. I have always been a fan of thick lip liners. The design is simple and I love the color matches the lip product. If you own more than one, you can distinguish them from the color of the packaging. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick wood. The tops are also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close both tops. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Not only that, it comes with a brush. The round tip makes it easy to outline the lips and the flat makes it easy to fill in the remaining. Third, the consistency is medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to apply on the lips. It's also not too thin that it runs everywhere. It's a decent consistency. I wouldn't say it's the most creamiest but it's doable. It slightly tugs on the lips but it's not rough. With that said, it's easy to use. I use the sharp tip to outline the lips and color in the remaining. I go over the outline and the lip with the brush until it looks good to my tasting. It leaves a nice, smooth, matte texture. It doesn't accentuate the fine and thick lines. The lines look pretty on the lips or at least for me. If you are not into matte, this isn't for you. I like matte lip products. It looks natural on the lips and not only that, it makes the lip look fuller. It's light-weight, not sticky, not greasy, and doesn't feel like you are wearing anything. Fourth, the color is pretty. It's a my lip but better color. It will be great year round. Pigmentation-wise it's decent. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented. One layer was good enough on my skin tone. It might be too light on some people but I'm not too sure on that. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, most lip colors don't last that long on me. If you don't wipe your mouth, it might last longer. It's comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I got to try this product. It's fun and pretty. It is something I can see myself using often.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Thick lip liners.
* Color of the packaging matches the lip product; can distinguish if you own more than one.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy tops; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Comes with a sturdy brush.
* Medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Leaves a nice, smooth, matte texture.
* Doesn't accentuate the fine and thick lines.
* Light-weight.
* Not sticky.
* Not greasy.
* Doesn't feel like you are wearing anything.
* Pretty my lip but better color.
* Great all year round.
* Pigmented.
* Comfortable.
* Not drying.
* Lasted until I ate.

Cons:
* Slightly tug on the lips.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...