Friday, November 15, 2019

NARS Lipstick Duo in Rosecliff and Dolce Vita

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I purchased some products from ULTA on February 2018.

Here's my haul. I already reviewed Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink in Driver (middle), Anastasia Matte Lipstick Set in Nudes (top left), Lime Crime Plushies Soft Focus Lip Veil in Milk Tea (bottom left). For this post, I will review the lip product from NARS on the top right.
Product Review: NARS Lipstick Duo in Rosecliff and Dolce Vita

Where to purchase: ULTA, Sephora, department stores, and online at narscosmetics.com
Price: $26 for full-size lipstick 0.12 oz/ 3.5 g

Made in USA

Description from the website: Unexpected color. Unapologetic collection. Let your lips lead the way. Introducing a new lineup of Lipstick inspired by the revolutionary vision of Francois Nars. Bring on bolds and brights for groundbreaking style; expose yourself with seductive nudes that leave nothing to hide. Dynamic blend of Moringa and Passion Fruit Seed Oils enhances color vibrancy and conditions lips for radically lightweight wear and unprecedented feel. Featuring 60 shades in three finishes. Endless artistry. Infinite expression.
Ingredients:
Rosecliff
HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE · SYNTHETIC WAX · POLYETHYLENE · DIMETHICONE · DICAPRYLYL CARBONATE · BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2 · HYDROXYAPATITE · DIISOSTEARYL MALATE · MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX/CERA MICROCRISTALLINA/CIRE MICROCRISTALLINE · HYDROGENATED POLYDECENE · PHYTOSTERYL/OCTYLDODECYL LAUROYL GLUTAMATE · GLYCERYL BEHENATE · SORBITAN SESQUIISOSTEARATE · TOCOPHERYL ACETATE · TOCOPHEROL · PASSIFLORA EDULIS SEED OIL · MORINGA OLEIFERA SEED OIL · ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE · CALCIUM STEARATE · SIMETHICONE · BHT · PHENOXYETHANOL · FRAGRANCE (PARFUM) · LINALOOL · CITRONELLOL · LIMONENE · [+/- (MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090) · IRON OXIDES (CI 77491) · IRON OXIDES (CI 77492) · IRON OXIDES (CI 77499) · MICA · RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410) · RED 33 (CI 17200) · RED 33 LAKE (CI 17200) · RED 6 (CI 15850) · RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850) · TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) · YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140)]

Dolce Vita
HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE · BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2 · BIS-BEHENYL/ISOSTEARYL/PHYTOSTERYL DIMER DILINOLEYL DIMER DILINOLEATE · CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE · POLYETHYLENE · TRIISOSTEARIN · DIISOSTEARYL MALATE · MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX/CERA MICROCRISTALLINA/CIRE MICROCRISTALLINE · OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE · PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE · MORINGA OLEIFERA SEED OIL · PASSIFLORA EDULIS SEED OIL · SODIUM HYALURONATE · TOCOPHEROL · TOCOPHERYL ACETATE · ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE · DIETHYLHEXYL SYRINGYLIDENEMALONATE · AMINOBUTYRIC ACID · ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE FRAGRANCE (PARFUM) · SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE · BUTYLENE GLYCOL · HEXYLENE GLYCOL · LIMONENE · LINALOOL · PHENOXYETHANOL · CAPRYLYL GLYCOL · [+/- ( MAY CONTAIN): TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) · BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090) · IRON OXIDES (CI 77491) · RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410) · RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850) · YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140)]
Thoughts: I first saw this in store and thought the colors were perfect for me. I tend to gravitate towards neutral colored lips. Plus, I haven't tried NARS lipsticks and thought it wouldn't hurt to try. If I don't like them, I know I didn't waste money getting a full-size. These are mini-sizes.
Here's a closer look at the packaging of the lipstick. This is a mini-size.
Here's a closer look at Rosecliff. I apologize for the quality of the picture. I did not noticed it until now but you have an idea what color the lipstick is. The website describes it as "satin soft rose" and I have to agree.
Here's a closer look at Dolce Vita. The website describes it as "sheer dusty rose" and I have to agree.
Here's a closer look at the full quantity of the lipstick. I pulled it all the way up and also, this is a better picture of Rosecliff.
Here's a swatch of the lipsticks on my hand from left to right; Rosecliff and Dolce Vita.
Here's how Rosecliff looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Anastasia Sultry Eye Shadow Palette on the eyes.
Here's how Dolce Vita looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Urban Decay Naked Honey Eyeshadow Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying with both lipsticks. I just sniffed both lipsticks and there's no scent for Rosecliff. Dolce Vita has a slight scent but it's so light I don't know what I am smelling. Secondly, I've always had mixed feelings with the packaging from NARS. I think they are simple and professional looking, but on the other hand I don't like the velvet-like texture. With time, it gets sticky and you just don't want to touch it anymore. I'm hoping this packaging is different. With that said, I am basing this with the mini-size lipsticks not the full-size. It might be different with the full-size. I cannot judge since I don't own a full-size lipstick from NARS that I know of. It's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal, as well as, makes a clicking noise when you open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency of both are creamy and on the medium. I noticed Rosecliff tugs a little bit on the lips initially. After that, it goes on smoothly and does not tug afterwards. Dolce Vita does not tug on the lips whatsoever. Rosecliff is more a creamy lipstick, whereas, Dolce Vita is a sheer shiny lipstick. Even though it's shiny, it's slight. It's not a gloss. With that said, they both apply smoothly and have no glitters whatsoever. They are light-weight, not greasy, not sticky, and don't feel like you are not wearing anything. Fourth, both lipsticks are good all year round. They both are on the neutral side with a slight pink. They will look good during the day, work, and even with dark eye makeup. To be honest, I thought I would like Rosecliff more so than Dolce Vita. I ended up liking Dolce Vita on my skin tone. It brings the color out of my skin. With that said, would I say the colors are unique no. You can find similar colors in other brands. Pigmentation-wise they are decent. I wouldn't say they are the most pigmented. One layer for both good on my skin tone. Lastly, they last until I eat. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, lip products don't last that long on me. If you don't wipe your mouth while eating, it should last longer. It's comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I got to try these lipsticks. I like them but would I said they stand out, not really. They feel like other lipsticks in the market.

Pros:
* No scent while applying.
* Simple and professional looking packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal and a clicking noise when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy, medium consistency.
* Dolce Vita does not tug on the lips.
* Rosecliff is a creamy lipstick.
* Apply smoothly.
* No glitters.
* Light-weight.
* Not greasy.
* Not sticky.
* Don't feel like you are wearing anything.
* Great all year round.
* Pigmented.
* Comfortable.
* Not drying.
* Lasted until I ate.

Cons:
* Velvet-like texture packaging.
* Rosecliff slightly tugs on the lips initially.
* Dolce Vita is slightly sheer lipstick.
* Colors are not unique.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other NARS products reviewed/swatch:
Contour Blush
Paloma
Dual-Intensity Blush
Jubilation
Lip Cover
Matte Multiple
Nail Polish
Stain Lip Pencil

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...